Reviews Categories | Transverters | DB6NT Microwave Transverters Help

Reviews Summary for DB6NT Microwave Transverters
DB6NT Microwave Transverters Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $approx 1000 euros (varies with b
Description: Transverters for 144 MHz to 411 GHz!!
More info: http://www.db6nt.com

You can write your own review of the DB6NT Microwave Transverters.

HB9DRD Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2001 04:44 Send this review to a friend
The best microwave transverters available, period.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three DB6NT transverters and three DB6NT amplifiers, I have the MKU13G and MKU133HY for 23cms, the MKU57G2 and MKU602 for 6cms and the MKU10G2 and MKU101H for 3cms. I also have some sequencing controllers from Michael.

Each transverter is individually calibrated and always exceeeds the catalogue specifications. For example the 3cms transverter should have a NF of 1.2dB, mine was 0.9dB, the same on 6cms with the measured NF being 0.8dB, 0.2dB less than the specification. The same is true of the amplifiers, they give more power, my 6cms PA which is nominally 4W max output is in fact 5W, and my 3cms PA is 2.5W instead of the specified 2W.

I am using the internal oscillator on my transverters which is amazingly accurate after warm-up time (they have crystal heaters as standard). There is an option to have an external oscillator for pin point frequency setting.

For those who want it, most of the transverters are sold as kits too.

DB6NT equipment is the standard by which other microwave transverter manufacturers should be measured. I would unreservedly recommend this equipment to other people who are interested in microwave operation.

NI6G Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2000 22:13 Send this review to a friend
No drift on 2304 MHz! Stable/Accurate  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am using the DB6NT MKU 23 G2 transverter for 2304 MHz with a Yaesu FT-847 as an IF. My neighbor also purchased one. Guess what? For our first QSO: We found each other immediately and didn't have to go searching up and down the band 15 kHz! It does not drift!! Our IF rigs both read out 144.100 MHz. Now, that's deadly accurate: especially for an upconversion to SHF. I have used this XVTR both at home and as a rover. The unit is palm-sized. In either case, I use a Direct Systems (K1WHS) 21 element loop yagi and the shortest run of Times LMR-400 possible. No preamp is necessary due to the short coax run and also due to the fact that the front-end of the DB6NT is hot as a firecracker! Not only that but it's filtering stages are superb. No man-made interference from LAN or ISM services outside the ham band. This unit is very HI-Q and covers only 2304 to 2304 MHz. You have to buy a seperate XVTR for Phase 3D Mode 'S'. In other words, you can't switch between two LO crystals. But hey that's the price of greatness. I bought this unit from Jerry K3MKZ of SSB Electronic USA. He advertises monthly in QST. His website is http://www.ssbusa.com

Each unit is personally verified by either or both DB6NT and K3MKZ using $200K HP Test Gear and you get to see the specs for YOUR transverter. Mine tested to 27dB RX gain, NF less than .6 dB, and power output 1.4 watts.

Do yourself a favor and pay a hundred or two hundred dollars more that "that other brand" and go with DB6NT. You will save yourself a lot of frustration in the long run by paying a little bit extra for excellence. Another example of fine German craftsmanship!!