Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Palm-Radio Palm Single Help

Reviews Summary for Palm-Radio Palm Single
Palm-Radio Palm Single Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $90 Euros
Description: The smallest miniature single lever morse paddle in the world
can be retracted into it's robust housing, just as known from
all Palm Radio keys.
More info: http://www.palm-radio.de/english/espaddle.html

You can write your own review of the Palm-Radio Palm Single.

G4JJP Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2015 13:53 Send this review to a friend
A Delight  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this as my first paddle. I've been using a straight key for 24 years now, but decided that it was time to try a paddle. Thought long and hard about one or two keys, and decided on a single. As I also want to go QRP and stealth CW, the Palm was the obvious choice.

It's GREAT. I love it. I am currently using it with an Icom 7200 which allows me to adjust the speed. Learning to use it at 18 words per min, and adjusting the key so that the gap is small, gives me great morse. I make the occasional mistake (which I wouldn't with the straight key), but I'm getting there.

It makes sending fast morse effortless. The little key is a delight. The adjustments are stiff - so much so that the allen key rounded out. But that's a small issue. I just LOVE this key.

WG7GW Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2015 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Slick little key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have learned iambic keying with several paddles. My favorite is an old Brown Brothers BTL. But, I'm not as adept as I wanted to be. I kept one side closed just a shade too long ... and C became Y ... no way to get that back. Before committing several hundred dollars to a Begali single lever ... or N3ZN single lever, I wanted to try out the single lever paddles.

I've had a couple of Palm Paddles in the past. They are wonderful for portable use where weight is a factor. So, I ordered a Palm Single from Milestone.

Ahhhh ... love at first dit ... Some small adjustments of the contact gap, and it sends lovely CW with the slightest touch.

I did notice that you should be careful about moving the unit around, especially with tight contact gaps. If not, you will be sending gibberish unintentionally.

Overall, I love this key! I'll be ordering an N3ZN single lever paddle shortly.

KA8JBY Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2015 05:39 Send this review to a friend
A joy to use!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned this paddle for 1 (one) day, but felt compelled to pass along my first impressions. Wow!

Of course, after reading the previous reviews, there's not much I can add. The Palm Single is simply a beautiful piece of equipment. It feels right - precise.

This is my first product from Palm Radio, and I'm impressed, not only by the quality of this piece, but of the whole integrated system they've created (interchangeable bases, keyer, connectors and cables, travel box, etc). Very cool.

I'll probably return in a year or so with an update. I plan on using this extensively, both in the shack and in the wild.

Rob
AD0IU (formerly KA8JBY)

G3ZCH Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2014 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received the paddle and on my first try-out no errors made on sending. Just the job for portable work and ideal for my QRP go bag.

My usual paddle is a Begali Simplex. It may play second fiddle whilst I play with this new "toy".

Impressive build quality.

G5VZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2014 16:53 Send this review to a friend
Once again, a first class key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using this key for almost three weeks and it is a delight to use. Its design also means it's delightful to simply look at!
As usual the key arrived from Germany well packed and in a Palm transport case, together with the necessary connecting cable. The three-pin connector to the key has been redesigned and is now much beefier.
Unlike the other Palm keys I have, this one comes in a plastic enclosure - still black though the paddle is red. This comes in with a total weight under 40g and measures 25x25mm and 79mm long. (I think there is a metal-cased option that weighs a little more.) Although it has a lighter weight than those keys with a metal enclosure, the Single is provided with the usual rare earth magnets in the QuickMount base which gives great stability. The adjustments are similarly solid - once the screws are set they stay there. An Allen key that fits the adjusters is clipped into the key base, always ready for use.
The Single can be set up as a one-paddle key, used with an electronic keyer, or as a traditional Cootie in Sideswiper mode. The paddle is auto-centring which seems to work exceptionally well. I've been using it with my KX3 mostly but have also worked portable with an 817 and it seems happy with the keyer electronics in both.
It mates perfectly with the Palm CodeCube, making a wonderful self-contained wireless unit when also using the IR Rx option on the radio. I find sitting back with the wireless key is just marvelous for a relaxed rag chew, made still more pleasant by the Palm Single's easy action. The seamless interchange of these modules between keys is excellent and a great feature of Palm Radio's range.
Another winner from Hannes and Dieter and it is just as they say on the Palm Radio web site: from hams for hams. Well designed and well built.

DL1SDZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2014 09:55 Send this review to a friend
The best paddle from Palm-Radio so far!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The keyers from Palm-Radio were always top of the notch. So when this new single keyer was announced, I ordered one, although I have never used a single paddle keyer.

The specs are impressive: automatic centering of the lever- no manual adjustments required. The
paddle pressure per side is individually adjustable from approximately 2 to 40 grams and it has galvanized, gold-plated contacts.
And of course: small, light, retractable, ... a typical Palm Radio Product.

I am still astonished how easy this keyer is to use and my time to change from the double paddle to the single was second to none. I used it in my top speed 160 and I made no mistakes. The best thing is the feeling: The lever at least for my fingers has a form and a texture which pleases and gives the feeling of having something in it's hand, not just a cheap lever. This is one to stay and use.

So if you need a keyer or a new toy to play some cw, try this one. It is one the same level as my two Schurr keyers.

See more infos and pictures in my blog: http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.de/2014/06/elegance-and-simplicity-palm-single.html