Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Directive Systems UHF/SHF Loop Yagis Help

Reviews Summary for Directive Systems UHF/SHF Loop Yagis
Directive Systems UHF/SHF Loop Yagis Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Loop Yagis from 902 MHz to 5.7 GHz!
More info: http://www.directivesystems.com/

You can write your own review of the Directive Systems UHF/SHF Loop Yagis.

N2SLO Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2014 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Terry now runs the business - acquired from K1WHS. I ordered a 1296 45 element loop yagi- DSE 2345LY (assembled) painless exercise with advice from Terry and had it within a couple of days. Antenna arrived well packed, with no issues. Quality of antenna is very good- and was easy to install on the roof. Already made two contacts - my issue is height and trees but with 10 watts, satisfied.

KB1NXE Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2013 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Best Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This will be a two part review because it will be a couple of months before I get this on the air from its permanent location.

I just finished assembling a Directive Systems 2345LYK. A kit version of a 23CM, 45 Element loop antenna. I purchased this antenna based solely on reviews here and information I was able to get on the web. I went with a Kit version, not to save money, but for the joy and knowledge of putting the antenna together. This antenna went together without any problems which attest to a simple and robust design as well as good instructions. I also went 'the extra mile' using Anti-Seize on all hardware as it's stainless and should be done. I also coated the assembled antenna with two coats of automotive clearcoat. Use Clearcoat as it's UV stabilized and meant for the weather.

Initial on the ground assessments of the antenna show an almost perfect SWR with 1.4:1 the norm for the frequencies it was designed to work at. I would imagine once it's 30 feet in the air things will get even better.

Dave is one of the best people to do business with. Due to a packing error, I was missing a part. An E-mail was all it took and two days later the part was in the mailbox. He answers the phone when you call and is there with great advise and a quick 'rag chew' on the phone. Just an all around nice guy.

So, great product, great service, great advise and great price. Take a look. You won't be disappointed.

Jim - KB1NXE

N0YK Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2011 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using the Loop Yagis from Dave for the last 2 years while on 1296 MHz. They are great for the microwave bands and have a great price tag. I have always purchased them from Dave as kits and had no issues putting them together and having them tune as their suppose to. Dave goes out of his way to get the antenna kit to you in a timely manner.

You can't go wrong with one or a set of these, truly a great value and have Awesome performance!!

N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2007 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Directive Systems Antennas. SUPER HIGH QUALITY ANTENNAS.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received an antenna today from Dave at Directive Systems for 2304 MHz. Just another example of a perfect antenna from these world class folks. Measured 60 watts froward and 250 MW of reflected power. Everything I have purchased from this company comes the same way. Packed well, quickly shipped, manufactured correctly and fairly priced. What more can you ask?
Thanks Dave,
Terry N8ERM

AH6RH Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2002 00:22 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought two 2314LYRM 1296 Mhz loop yagis. These antennas function very well at 1.2 GHz. It's 14 elements on a 36 inch boom, rear mounted, with an N connector feed.

With it's 14 dB gain, it can take a 10 watt signal, and turn it into an EIRP of over 200 watts. Combine that with another 14 dB gain at the receiving end, and it's real easy to make some awesome DX.

Since it's so light, it's easy to go roving. The only consideration is that the loop elements are made of aluminum sheet metal, so they can bend or crush if you're not careful and place a heavy object on the antenna. If you intend to make the antenna permanent, you need to give attention to make the aluminum materials weather-resistant, such as coatings etc.

I suggest you use a solid photo tripod to hold onto the rear mount. You can easily get 10-24 wing nuts at any well stocked hardware store, and use it to mount the antenna in place. Use the tripod to point elevation and azimuth as needed.

Dave was very helpful in interacting over e-mail, getting to know the antenna and any other questions. His contact was superb.

So, if you're using it for portable/roving use, it's a great value for the size, weight and gain.

NI6G Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2000 22:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased a 21 element rear-mounted loop yagi for 2304 MHz from K1WHS of Directive Systems. It's on a 3 foot boom and I ordered it in it's fully assembled configuration which was shipped via UPS in a securely padded tube. It was nice to NOT have to tune the driven element or install the loops!!! This is a great antenna for roving and portable work. The gain and pattern are excellent without any anomalous sidelobes. Plus, K1WHS is a really nice person on the phone. That counts for a lot in my book. In all honesty, I would have purchased an antenna such as this from Mike Staal K6MYC of M2 Antenna Systems in a heartbeat. Naturally, I am very loyal to Mike since I was his technical sales manager at M2 for a few years and he helped me to get on 2 meter moonbounce. However, he CURRENTLY doesn't manufacture an AMATEUR BAND antenna for any frequencies higher than 1296 MHz. Anyway, I'm sure I didn't hurt M2's feelings by buying a K1WHS antenna for 2304 MHZ. I would recommend Directive Systems loop yagis for 2304 MHz and above to anyone! K1WHS is just super.