Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | cwdaemon Help

Reviews Summary for cwdaemon
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Uses the pc parallel or serial port and a simple transistor or optoisolator switch to output morse code to a transmitter from a text message sent to it via udp port 6789.
More info: http://cwdaemon.sourceforge.net

You can write your own review of the cwdaemon.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2014 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Must have in Linux  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If you use Microsoft OS don't read. If you use only Fldigi in Linux I guess it is not indispensable. But I wanted to use Log software like CQRLOG and Xlog to send CW, I also want to use the simple optoisolator serial interface I made some years ago for Windows. You can also use a parallel port but I didn't try it. My PC does not have a serial port so I used a serial-usb converter.
I use Linux Ubuntu. Once I had installed it from the repository, I did not find any icon
but the software was installed. That's perfectly normal. I need just to type on the terminal (actually I added this line in the application menu so I need just one click):
gksu 'cwdaemon -d /serial/by-id/I write here the serial port device -t 5'. Or if you want to change any parameter write cwdaemon -h and see what to change.
The RTS and DTR of the optoisolator serial interface serve one for both CW keying and PTT. The PTT works so well. My Elad Switchbox would otherwise encounter any sort of problem switching between dots and dashes or among words. Setting -t 5 PTT just solves any issue with the Switchbox. I would rate this software beyond a five if I could!