Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | RF POWER HVLA 1K3 Help

Reviews Summary for RF POWER HVLA 1K3
RF POWER HVLA 1K3 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $2400 Euro
Description: SOLID STATE LINIAIR 1300 W
More info: http://www.rf-power.it/index.php/en/

You can write your own review of the RF POWER HVLA 1K3.

ON4LG Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2016 02:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 15 years with a tubes amplifier and manual tuning. I wanted something automatic to make super fast QSY while DXing. A DX spot shows up on the cluster, I jump on it!

Several brands propose automatic amplifier with tubes but they were all above my budget.

As I was looking for at least 1000 watts output, the 1K3 was interesting. Let's go for it.

The amp was back-order at the factory so a month and a half was necessary for the box to arrive.

You need a special cable for the PTT and band decoding.

First impressions were great. The black box is light weight and very compact. It gives the power announced and QSY is now super easy. The amplifier goes where the radio tells it to go. No tuning, no warm up time, nothing. Turn it on and it gives you 1300 fresh watts! (in my case I always leave it on the LOW position, that gives me between 600 and 800 watts depending the band and antenna tuning).

When running HIGH power the fans turn quiet fast. It makes a light noise but it's no problem.

I totally agree with the DL2 guy who wrote a review here under. But as long as it doens't affect the work of the amplifier, I give it a 5!

73 de ON4LG

DL2RMM Rating: 4/5 Nov 22, 2015 21:05 Send this review to a friend
Good solid state amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I’m operating the HVLA1K3 for over a year now and been satisfied with the overall performance. It arrived from Italy safely double-boxed and is made of high quality materials. (case, finishing, big heat sink etc).
I gave it a 4 of 5 as there are still things to improve looking at it as an “engineering perfectionist”:
1) The amp is losing band data information/communication from my TS590 infrequently. When it happens I have to reboot the amp and afterwards correct band data information is re-established.
2) My ON/OFF rocker switch is arcing (noise and flash) when powering-off the amplifier. I contacted Dino beginning of this year and got the hint to operate the switch in a “fast and energetic action” - hmmm …
3) The SWR sensitivity is too high. My amp goes into “FAULT” at 1.8:1 … I think that the Freescale LDMOS should be OK with much worse SWR.

Once again, I’m quite satisfied and I’m not looking back to tube amplifiers.
73 de Jens, DL2RMM

IZ5ASZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2015 06:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Amplifier  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this amplifier about 5 months ago , I think it is one of the best in 1 kw class amplifier. Hooked it to my Yaesu FT 1000 MP MKV the automatic change band run flawlessly. Once set the drive power forget the amplifier.
I use it also in the cqww ssb contest, it barely get warm, all the protections work perfectly.
I do not have wattmeter so I can not say the power deliver.
In few words: would I buy it again? YES.

73's Massimo iz5asz

IZ2MFD Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2015 00:59 Send this review to a friend
JUST WONDERFUL !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
RF HVLA1k3 POWER is simply wonderful, combines simplicity of use with great performance.
Particular attention was the part with heat dissipation well 5 kg dedicated above 12 kg of a total weight.
Does its job very well warming up little, delivers over 1 kw on all bands except on 6 m (750w on 6m, 1.1 kw on 10m, 1.15 on 12m, 1.3kw on 15m, 1.25 kw on 17m, over 1.3 kw on 20m, 1.3 kw on 30m, 1.3 kw on 40m, 1.15 kw on 80m.
1 x MRFE6VP61K25 FREESCALE Next Generation LDMOS Mosfets is strong and safe during operation.
You not regret tubes use!
I highly recommend it for the fact that Mr Dino (the manufacturer) is friendly and reliable.
After about 2 years of use I am very satisfied!
Thanks Dino for a product that was missing on national or international market....

ON4ANN Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2014 11:15 Send this review to a friend
PERFECT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dear all,
we used this linear on our Dxpedition in Albania,
operation was perfect, 25.000 + qso's under heavy conditions. (Temperature was 35 degrees.)
The amp temperature was always cool, and gave steady his power all of the time.
Ordering was very easy @rfpower (Dino)

This amplifier is very good value for money. And 5 years warranty.
We used also HVLA 700 with the same results.

Erik-ON4ANN