Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | CHAMELEON SKYLOOP Help

Reviews Summary for CHAMELEON SKYLOOP
CHAMELEON SKYLOOP Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $125
Description: Base HF Antenna
3.0-54 MHz

The CHA SKYLOOP is a 250' (14 gauge) full wave loop antenna cut for 80M. A
yard of at least 60' X 60' will be required to install and support the antenna
properly.

With the help of an antenna tuner the CHA SKYLOOP will cover all the bands
between 80M and 6M included.

To match the loop to the coax cable a high power 4:1 air core balun (1000W CW)
has been inserted in a waterproof container at the feeding point of the antenna.

Even if the antenna can be installed at a minimum of 10' above ground the
antenna should be ideally installed at least 30' to 40' off the ground for
maximum performance. The antenna will be suspended by four evenly spaced
support points.

The main advantages of a sky loop are the reduced background noise and a
better gain over a dipole. A minimum coax length of 25' of RG-8X (or better) is

VSWR: Tuner required
Length: 250'
Weight: 3 Lbs.
Mounting Configuration: Horizontally

The antenna system consists of:

1 X CHA SKYLOOP matching unit
1 X 250 wire
More info: http://chameleonantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the CHAMELEON SKYLOOP.

KC1ACL Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2016 09:59 Send this review to a friend
skyloop works!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had to wait a week to install the skyloop at my qth.it was very worth it.it took me about 2hrs to get it up under windy conditions.i still have one end to go up in my trees,its laying on my roof.i was getting 59 signal reports in Germany,england,etc.this antenna replaces a ocd 80 meter and a g5rv jr.im happy with the results!!buy one if you have room.

PY2FXE Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2015 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Very quiet and great customer support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the Skyloop on November, 6 and it arrived in Brazil on November, 19. Very fast, considering the distance and customs clearance. I always wanted a good multiband antenna and this loop was the answer. Assembly took one and a half hours, the instructions manual is well detailed and easy to follow, even for someone whose native language is not English. Due to the shape of the terrain, house and trees positions, the antenna was not mounted as a square but in the form of an irregular diamond shape. The feeding point is 20 feet high. Over the house the antenna is only 4 feet above the roof. I will rise it in the future.

Here the results:
- low noise antenna, the noise is at least 5 S-units below of my previous two dual band dipoles
- very good TX reports on 80 and 40m. Until now I haven't tested it with QSOs on the higher bands
- as the manual indicates, an antenna tuner is required. In my particular case, the worst band is 40m with a SWR of 4.5:1. But hey, the tuner can handle this, I can hear and be heard by the other stations. That's good for me.
- excellent customer support. Thanks Carl for all the pre sale informations and extra mounting hints.
- no RFI at all during TX

This antenna is a keeper.
73 PY2FXE - Edgar

VE7MKD Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2015 12:13 Send this review to a friend
SKYLOOP  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I just set up the skyloop to test it out before I find a permanent home for it. I have to tell you I was impressed with how well it worked for me. Now to find a permanent setup. Living in an HOA it's not easy to find a place for this antenna..but maybe moving so have to see where I move to, to find a place for the antenna...I really love Chameleon products. A lot of time goes into making the products the best they can be.

KK4YMB Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2015 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Best Commercial 80m SkyLoop Available  Time owned: more than 12 months
Despite a lot of the "internet forum" types recommending against a skyloop I have to say the performance on reception is simply mind blowing. Switching from my vertical to this is simply amazing. s9 noise becomes s2-s1 while signals are generally slightly stronger as well. With 250ft of wire in the air it is amazing. My antenna is merely 18ft off the ground and I am able to work clearly barefoot 80-6.

This antenna is an absolute dream on 80/60/40/20/10. I have yet to really get a chance to work 6m during an opening so I can't really comment on the performance.

All in all for the price being asked and a made in USA product with outstanding post purchase support you can not go wrong with this antenna. A 60x60x60x60 space will be needed.

VE7MKD Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2015 16:33 Send this review to a friend
CHAMELEON SKYLOOP  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I found this antenna easy to put up and easy to use. One thing is you need space for this antenna. Also you need to get it up pretty high...the higher the less noise. Like all Chameleon antenna this one is built very well.