Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Nady American Performer Help

Reviews Summary for Nady American Performer
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description: Vocal Dynamic Microphone
More info: http://www.nady.com

You can write your own review of the Nady American Performer.

KA7NIQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2014 23:37 Send this review to a friend
Guys, ya have to try this !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own a Ten Tec Jupiter that is capable of nearly 4K TX Bandwidth, and will also go down to 0 hz roll off, on the low end.
I have no TX Equalizer, so I tried the Audio Technica ATR 30, and a few other mikes that have flat response.
I could make them sound OK with my TX roll off settings, but just OK. I noticed nearly all of the EQ Guys all wound up with a smile curve setting of their equalizers, so I thought WTF, why not just find a mike with a Built In Smile Curve. So, I poured over frequency response charts of zillions of different microphones, until I found this one. This Mike has an extreme smile curve built into it, go to the Nady website, and you will see what I mean. I was a little worried because of the extreme(6-8db)smile curve. But, the mike was so cheap (I paid 15.00 delivered) that I thought WTF ?
LOL, it performs just like "theory" said it would on my TenTec Jupiter. People think I am "running an equalizer", and it is so quite, they also think I have a noise gate. This mike has tons of gain, yet it is also quiet, and I have a Commander 2500 with a noisy fan, so that is a big deal for me.

I just love to get on some ESSB Frequencies, and tell them I have a "wall of vodoo", meaning a separate EQ, Noise Gate, and Downward Expander/Compressor.
When all I am running is the Non Flat Nady American Performer :)

No, it will not beat a Heil PR 40 or an Electro Voice RE 20 with full EQ.
But on my Ten Tec Jupiter, it beats the 5 star EHam rated Audio Technical ATR 30 all to hell.

So, because it is such an inexpensive and good sounding mike, I give it 5 stars.