Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | MMTTY by JE3HHT Help

Reviews Summary for MMTTY by JE3HHT
MMTTY by  JE3HHT Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: RTTY software
More info: http:///hamsoft.ca/pages/mmtty.php

You can write your own review of the MMTTY by JE3HHT.

WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2015 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely GREAT!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After using this program for a number of years I felt I needed to give some feedback on it. It is really the best RTTY software out there and it's FREE. I have used it with a number of different rigs over the years but the Kenwood TS-590S is super nice! The USB cable is all that is needed. Yes that is correct - no more cables or interfaces needed. It is so nice to use and I recommend that you check out G3NRW's "How to Digital Quick Start Guide" for setting up the TS-590S to the MMTTY software. Really well done! I use this software and am truly grateful that it was made available to the ham community.

W8KX Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2014 06:23 Send this review to a friend
The one to beat...  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's simply THE standard for soundcard RTTY software.

W0LVJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2010 11:18 Send this review to a friend
outstanding software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a "Johnny come lately" to MMTTY. Had I known about this fine piece of software earlier, I would have already been using it. I (and my son) have installed it on laptops and netbooks with outstanding results. We just put it on a old HP Pavilion mini tower with a old MSDOS/NT-3.0 (and 1) sound card. Windows 98 is about all this oldie can handle. Finding the drivers for the sound card was fun. All that done, MMTTY was installed. It worked just fine and was on the air in no time at all. Even with the old/lame sound card, it worked just fine. A few minor tweaks and it was just as flawless as it is on the laptops. Not too many pieces of software can make that claim. We first used the program on a netbook for the July RTTY contest and had a blast. 50 watts to a sleeping vee dipole, no less. Even though I had no time at all using the software, I was having good success. It doesn't get any better. Now, I am a old time RTTY guy and still have all the various TU's and Monster Machines, but this program just rocks and is extremely nice to use. It is First Class in every way. Thank you for a outstanding program.

K9IUQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2009 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Tuning Scope Excellence  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using MMTTY for many years. N1MM contest logger interfaces to MMTTY flawlessly for contesting. MMTTY is pretty great standalone too.

The BEST thing about MMTTY is its tuning scope. There is NO better way to tune a RTTY signal. Even a newbie gets it right. All RTTY programs should use a tuning scope like RTTY, it makes waterfall tuning obsolete.

Stan K9IUQ

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2007 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed MMTTY as my very first digital mode using the soundscard and an HP pavilion computer. The next day i was making contacts in the JARTS contest with just 20 watts from my Icom 746 and a Cushcraft A4 triband yagi up 30 temporarily on a push up pole. I always thought RTTY was an outdated mode destined for the dustbin of history. But ive found that its making a big comeback because of programs like MMTTY and the use of soundcards and home computers. Hats off to Mako!!!

ON4CT Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2007 12:09 Send this review to a friend
super  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use mmtty as standalone or with other logging software. I use mmtty since 1999.
This software has open a new world to me !
This software makes RTTY available for every ham.

Many hours of pleasure on the bands and for FREE

Thanks to Mako JE3HHT

When will there be a award for Mako, such as Hall of Fame ?

DIRK
on4ct

SV1BDO Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2007 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Thanks Mako  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used MMTTY alone or as a built-in RTTY engine in N1MM contest logging program. It can decodes weak signals that exist under bad conditions. You can have better results if you try the various filter settings.
I believe that it's due to MMTTY performance that RTTY mode has become the most increasing mode these days. I wonder why some people pay for RTTY software, why the can have the BEST for FREE.
Thanks Mako-San for making me smile while working a new one on RTTY !!!

W4VD Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2007 19:15 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the one! For RTTY it just doesn't get any better, or less expensive. It's free!! I love contesting with this program, built-in logging that quickly exports QSO's to your regular logging app afterwards. Rig interface for logging the exact freq as required in some contests.

For non-contesters as well it just doesn't get any better or easier.

G3OZN Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2006 11:11 Send this review to a friend
A winner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use MMTTY with a Rigblaster Plus interface and with my FT1000 MP field.
Using the PC sound card and the FT1000 set to "PKT & LSB".Running no more than 30 watts I can work anything I hear (ok a 3 ele Yagi at 60ft) I was a PSK31 fanatic but contacts come much more easier on RTTY
I can use the filters in the FT1000 even using AFSK from the sound card. The NAR2 filter gives super results.
True value for money (i.e.NO money!)
An absolute pleasure to use and so stable.
Many thanks JE3HHT

LU5DDX Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2004 08:37 Send this review to a friend
exelente  Time owned: more than 12 months
si tu idea es hacer rtty puedes dejar todos los tnc e interfaces que conozcas y solo instalar el mejor soft gratuito para rtty del mundo .
gracias JE3HHT .