Reviews Categories | Ham Repeaters | Bridgecom BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System Help

Reviews Summary for Bridgecom BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System
Bridgecom BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $995
Description: the ComLink™ BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System by BridgeCom Systems, Inc. The BCR Repeater provides a feature rich repeater/base station. Packed with loads of RF power, this dual fan-cooled unit can become a community repeater, a 16 channel base station, manage a channel in an LTR® trunking system, and much more.

You can write your own review of the Bridgecom BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System.

KB7GP Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2015 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Flawless Performer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I don't often get involved in writing product reviews but in this case I feel it is appropriate. I found interfacing this repeater to a third party external controller to be straight forward and satisfactory. We worked directly with Ron Kochanowicz, the owner of Bridgecom, concerning some unusual interface issues. He immediately addressed those issues and incorporated those enhancements into his repeater's firmware. As a result, we recently deployed a system incorporating two of his repeaters, the BCR-220 and a BCR-40U. These are the heart of a modestly complex linked system, W7WRG, serving western Washington from Oregon to the Canadian border. We continue to receive compliments from the users and flawless performance. We are now planning upgrades to our second mountain top which will also incorporate Ron's BCR repeaters.
NF9K Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2015 09:55 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Repeater  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this repeater to replace an aging TKR-820. I initially reached out to Ron to ask some questions. He was very quick to respond and provide me with very helpful documentation. He offered to program the repeater for me, but I ended up working out a deal to include a programming cable and software. Unlike most resellers, with BridgeCom the relationship does not end when money changes hand. Ron still follows up with me every few weeks to ensure than things are running correctly.

When it came time to purchased c-Bridge software for my DMR repeater, after experiencing the outstanding customer support provided by Ron, he was my first stop knowing he sold the software as well. That purchase was a pleasure as well.

The BCR-40U is still humming along and I've had zero issues to date.

I would recommend BridgeCom to anyone.
AD4CC Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2015 14:10 Send this review to a friend
The BEST repeater and service in the industry  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
With any company, the people make the difference. This is certainly true at Bridgecom with Ron at the controls. I started to talk with Ron about his repeaters just before Dayton 2014. Then I met up with Ron in Dayton to discuss my project, which was to put a solid conventional repeater on 2 meters but add DSTAR to it (Did not want to go the ICOM route). There were several issues to be worked out but Ron took on the challenge. I sent Ron an IC-51A to use so he could get things going quickly as and also sent the DVRPTR_V1 unit . Once the repeater was shipped to me it was ready and just about plug and play ready for DSTAR. The only issues were software related but it was good for me as it educated me on how the programming should be for my Windows Vista setup. I have other repeaters and they work well but the build and quality of this machine is remarkable and of the highest quality. Even with heavy use on the reflectors at full power, for hours, the repeater stays cool. All working great now, mostly on Reflector 30C, local, 147.390 MHz DSTAR in Union, KY. Do NOT hesitate to work with Ron and Bridgecom. I could go on and on, just stop looking and buy this one, you will be very happy. Setup as follows:
Using ircDDB , ircddbgateway software, 20140602 gateway and 20140521 D-Star repeater version, DVRPTR_V1 from Bruce Given, VE2GZI (Bruce was very helpful too!).
KJ4I Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2015 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Repeater  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Myself and fellow ham just recently purchased a Bridgecom VHF Repeater to replace a much older machine that had seen better days. I have had the Bridgecom in place for about 2 months now and it has been rock solid in performance. It has been getting moderate to heavy use at times and not only has the operation been rock solid but the build quality of the repeater seems to be just as good while being simple and not overly complicated. The audio is wonderful and the receiver is very sensitive while at the same time hosting excellent intermod rejection. I had to put a little TLC into other aspects of my setup in preparation for the new repeater. After getting it installed and fixing a few other minor problems my coverage is finally back to what it used to be. Other repeaters at my site in the past had lots of problems with receive interference but the Bridgecom has performed flawlessly. I do consider the repeater to be in a moderate RF environment. In addition, the battery backup feature is a nice touch and with the proper battery, it works like a charm. I am still playing around with some of the repeater menu settings to get things dialed in the way I want them but that is to be expected. It does take a short time and some trial and error to get things adjusted just right but once you do you couldn't ask for a better repeater. I am comparing the Bridgecom to other brands that I have owned over the years and by far it beats them all. Ron at Bridgecom has been very helpful and courteous in answering my question and providing support. In all, it is an top notch repeater from a top notch company. I have already gotten lots of compliments on the air about how good the repeater sounds. Whether you are looking to replace another repeater or starting from scratch, the Bridgcom is a great choice for a solid repeater at a more than reasonable price.
N7GWT Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2014 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent repeater  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Our club recently purchased and installed a BCR-50V to replace an older Master II repeater. The repeater as received was setup perfectly by Ron at Bridgecom and included a UHF link radio with interface cable. Once in the rack and powered up it has worked flawlessly. We immediately noticed the excellent audio qualities and receiver sensitivity. I would not hesitate to recommend the Bridgecom repeaters.
W5TWY Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2014 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Very good product and service is GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a BCR-50V for my personal use and have been very pleased with the system. The internal controller is more than adequate for commercial or amateur use. My system is connected to systems in Maine and Arizona 24/7 and gets plenty of use. The sensitivity and selectivity are better than others I have used in the past. I replaced my old Master II GE and never looked back. After testing I made a recommendation to our club to replace there repeater with the BCR-50V and we installed it last weekend and all members were very happy with how quiet the system was and it really helped the handheld users in the local area.I would recommend this unit to anyone needing to upgrade and old system or installing a new one.
N5CEY Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2014 06:09 Send this review to a friend
Nice working Repeater  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had it on the air for about a month now - solid as a rock, price included built in duplexer, and tuned to my 444.775/449.775 split. The only negative (barely) is that the cooling fans are a bit noisy but in a normal repeater environment this would be no problem. Ron was very helpful with info and getting it set up for me.