Reviews Categories | Ham Repeaters | Bridgecom BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System Help

Reviews Summary for Bridgecom BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System
Bridgecom BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1450
Description: the ComLink™ BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System by BridgeCom Systems, Inc. The BCR Repeater provides a feature rich repeater/base station. Packed with loads of RF power, this dual fan-cooled unit can become a community repeater, a 16 channel base station, manage a channel in an LTR® trunking system, and much more.
More info: http://bridgecomsystems.com/BCRRepeaters

You can write your own review of the Bridgecom BCR-40U/50V FM Repeater System.

KJ4I Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2015 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Repeater  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Myself and fellow ham just recently purchased a Bridgecom VHF Repeater to replace a much older machine that had seen better days. I have had the Bridgecom in place for about 2 months now and it has been rock solid in performance. It has been getting moderate to heavy use at times and not only has the operation been rock solid but the build quality of the repeater seems to be just as good while being simple and not overly complicated. The audio is wonderful and the receiver is very sensitive while at the same time hosting excellent intermod rejection. I had to put a little TLC into other aspects of my setup in preparation for the new repeater. After getting it installed and fixing a few other minor problems my coverage is finally back to what it used to be. Other repeaters at my site in the past had lots of problems with receive interference but the Bridgecom has performed flawlessly. I do consider the repeater to be in a moderate RF environment. In addition, the battery backup feature is a nice touch and with the proper battery, it works like a charm. I am still playing around with some of the repeater menu settings to get things dialed in the way I want them but that is to be expected. It does take a short time and some trial and error to get things adjusted just right but once you do you couldn't ask for a better repeater. I am comparing the Bridgecom to other brands that I have owned over the years and by far it beats them all. Ron at Bridgecom has been very helpful and courteous in answering my question and providing support. In all, it is an top notch repeater from a top notch company. I have already gotten lots of compliments on the air about how good the repeater sounds. Whether you are looking to replace another repeater or starting from scratch, the Bridgcom is a great choice for a solid repeater at a more than reasonable price.

N7GWT Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2014 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent repeater  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Our club recently purchased and installed a BCR-50V to replace an older Master II repeater. The repeater as received was setup perfectly by Ron at Bridgecom and included a UHF link radio with interface cable. Once in the rack and powered up it has worked flawlessly. We immediately noticed the excellent audio qualities and receiver sensitivity. I would not hesitate to recommend the Bridgecom repeaters.

W5TWY Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2014 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Very good product and service is GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a BCR-50V for my personal use and have been very pleased with the system. The internal controller is more than adequate for commercial or amateur use. My system is connected to systems in Maine and Arizona 24/7 and gets plenty of use. The sensitivity and selectivity are better than others I have used in the past. I replaced my old Master II GE and never looked back. After testing I made a recommendation to our club to replace there repeater with the BCR-50V and we installed it last weekend and all members were very happy with how quiet the system was and it really helped the handheld users in the local area.I would recommend this unit to anyone needing to upgrade and old system or installing a new one.

N5CEY Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2014 06:09 Send this review to a friend
Nice working Repeater  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had it on the air for about a month now - solid as a rock, price included built in duplexer, and tuned to my 444.775/449.775 split. The only negative (barely) is that the cooling fans are a bit noisy but in a normal repeater environment this would be no problem. Ron was very helpful with info and getting it set up for me.