Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | LNR Precision - Key Concepts - SKCC Member Keys Help

Reviews Summary for LNR Precision - Key Concepts - SKCC Member Keys
LNR Precision - Key Concepts - SKCC Member Keys Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $190
Description: Designed to professional standards for effortless sending.
Featuring a wide base for solid stability under the heaviest brass pounding.
Wide range of tension settings via a coil spring from “feather light” to “pounder’s delight”.
Skirted knob lends itself to American or European sending styles.
Ball Bearings for smooth effortless action of the lever arm.
Anodized base and blocks for protection.
Solid feel of a heavy pump key in a smaller lighter desk model.
Gap ranges from zero to 1/4″.
Binding post connections for solid electrical continuity.
More info: http://www.lnrprecision.com/purchase/propumpkey/

You can write your own review of the LNR Precision - Key Concepts - SKCC Member Keys.

DL5DG Rating: 2/5 Jul 12, 2017 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Comfortable keying but serious problems with product quality.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought the SKCC Member key in June 2016. The key was shipped well boxed and rather quickly. But after unpacking the key I noticed that the thread of the screw in the contact assembly was bent distinctly. The printing on the base plate was rather smudgy, too. Obviously LNR's final quality check had failed completely. After several e-mail contacts and more than two months waiting LNR sent me a new base plate and a new screw.

After a few hours of operation the contact of the key was failing sporadically. Cleaning of the contact surfaces with alcohol did not help. My request for support at LNR was ignored. My measurements with an ohmmeter showed a resistance of 1k and more produced by the pivot bearing of the lever assembly. A shortcut by connecting the lever with the rest of the lever assembly via the spring load assembly and a small piece of wire fixed this problem finally. This problem is not new. You will find out that several keys from other manufacturers and even from ancient times have shortcuts of the pivot bearing.

Despite the described problems the key looks and feels very nice. The long lever and the low key knob enable very comfortable keying. The key's materials provide a extraordinary and sensitive handling even at a higher speed. But for a price of 200$ I would expect a much better product quality and a much better customer support.

Accordingly it is not surprising that LNR do not sell this key anymore.

WB0FDJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2015 12:22 Send this review to a friend
Solid and very smooth  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using the elderly J-38 I started with as a Novice, 44 years ago. Mostly for old times sake. When I ran across this key I had to have it-I got the SKCC member version. LNR has an excellent reputation and this key lives up to it. This thing is solid yet absolutely smooth to use. The packing was impressive. Theres not much to go wrong with this solidly build precision instrument. Yeah it's a little pricey but you get what you pay for. A great key!!

AK4NY Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2014 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was nervous about spending $199 (190 for the key and 9 for shipping) on a key without being able to feel it ahead of time. But my concerns were totally unfounded. It took about 10 days from the time of order to have the key made and shipped. The first thing that impressed me was the way this key was packed, it was wrapped in a soft foam then that was placed in bubble wrap and then that was placed in a heavy duty box. Eyeballing the key, it is a thing of simple beauty, well finished and large without being overbearing.
The first time I used this key, the precision made itself apparent, silky smooth. I was concerned about the spring that sets the tension, it is a pull rather than push type spring, that it wouldn't be stout enough, no problem setting way more tension than I will ever use.
I find myself sending much faster than I normally do and it is much easier. I would highly recommend this key to anyone that does straight key cw. If you are not an SKCC member there is an almost identical model called the Patriot that has a red base and sells for $210.
Now all I have to do is get my copy speed up to my sending speed.