Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | ULTIMAX monoband bazooka dipoles Help

Reviews Summary for ULTIMAX monoband bazooka dipoles
ULTIMAX monoband bazooka dipoles Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $between $38 and $175 acording th
Description: Monoband bazooka dipoles built by Ultimax in Florida.
More info: http://www.ultimax-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the ULTIMAX monoband bazooka dipoles.

KD2JF Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2017 07:42 Send this review to a friend
The Ultimate Bazooka  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been curious of coaxial dipoles forever so I ordered the 40M version from Ultimax. I had previously been using the Ultimax 100 on 40M and wanted an upgrade. Build quality is impressive and installation was easy in an inverted V. Tuning took about 20 minutes to get a 1:1 swr from 7.0 to 7.3 mhz. The performance on the air is much better than the previous antenna. The convenience of a flat SWR across 40M and the trans/rec performance is very good. First weekend on the air I worked KH7XS club station during the IOTA contest with 100W from the east coast of USA.

N3YUG Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2015 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Well built and works great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the 80M double bazooka from Ultimax several months ago, and installed it at 40 feet. I have compared it to my ZS6BKW Optimized G5RV. The Bazooka 90% of the time beats our the ZS6BKW on 80M by 2 S units, and the noise floor is lower on the bazooka also. Stations at the other end are hearing the same, about 2 S unit increase. I added a 15M double bazooka after seeing the 80M work so well, and it did not disappoint. I will say that 80M and 15M are my worst bands on the ZS6BKW multi band antenna coming in at about 5:1 SWR before using the tuner. Now I have a 20M Double Bazooka up as well. Two weeks ago I was on 20M with my ZS6BKW antenna, which is 2:1 or less over 20M band, and I found some stations that were pretty hard to hear, and down in the noise. I happen to switch to my 80M bazooka and my 15M bazooka to listen, and the signal was week but just right out of the noise floor. I ordered and received the 20M Double Bazooka, installed it, and tuned it for the SSB section. I was amazed once I got to test the antenna out. I found that my noise floor was S4 on the ZS6BKW, but S2 on the Bazooka. Signals that were worked and at S5 on the bazooka could not be pulled out on the ZS6BKW wire antenna. I tested with a couple DX station, and the 20M bazooka normally was about 1 S Unit better with them. I would sling these things up all over the place if I had the space!

As for the company, the antenna ships quick, and build quality is very good. Customer service seems good as well.

XE1GR Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2015 07:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antennas  Time owned: more than 12 months
I work Maritime mobile and I have installed a 40m and 20m mono band double bazooka antennas on board two ships, I always get very good signal reports, these antennas deals very good with the noise that I have on board the ships much better than a normal dipole antenna, I hear much better and the construction quality is outstanding they are made very strong which for me to work MM is very important, very often we have winds of more than 100 Km/h for more than 48 hours and these antennas are still working very well.
So if they perform really good on a ship dealing with the salt, high winds, moisture and sun you can be sure that they will last for many years in your QTH.
The after sale service is excellent, Albert Mercado was always answering all my E-mails and calls very quickly.
I strongly recommend these antennas.
Jean-Paul, XE1GR / MM

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2015 05:03 Send this review to a friend
The best dipoles   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I want to congratulate Albert Mercado the owner and builder of these bazooka antennas at ULTIMAX not only for its well done antennas but also for the high performance of them.

This new bazooka for 40M I am using now, have a very wide bandwith, I can see a SWR of just 1.2 from 7000 to 7250 Khz and my K3 now has become even quiter than before when I was using my regular dipole.
As I said in my previous review he always leave them longer for you to trim or wrap the wires back for resonance, this one was tuned to 6500 Khz and it took me half an hour trimming and checking swr with an antenna analyzer to make it resonant at 7.1 Mhz so now is flat to 1.2 in the entire band I use normally.

Although the gain of bazooka dipoles should be the same of a regular dipole, now I am receiving stronger signals reports from all over the world meaning there is some gain over the regular dipole.

Also this antenna resonate pretty well on 15M, without the tuner my SWR in that band is only 1.8

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2014 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Great performer antenna.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After been experimenting with many different dipoles, long wires, verticals, etc I am back to the best dipoles, the "Bazooka" and after searching the net for prices, quality, long time reliability, etc found Ultimax antennas in FL is building the best of all with very affordable prices compared with others on the market.
This weekend I put down my vertical and my homemade dipoles and installed two new bazookas from this company.
I had the expected results, in the past I tried a monoband on 17M and I knew how good these dipoles are.
These two are one for 20M and one for 17M, they are built using RG8X and hold pretty well maximum legal power although I am running them with only 1200W. It took me quite some time to "tune" them, the builder on purpose leave them longer for you to trim or wrap the ends which are pieces of black AWG 14 insulated cable,the one for 20M in my specific installation as flat dipole at only 20 feet high, was resonating around 13Mhz but was easy to tune it up to 14.1 KHz using my MFJ269 antenna analyzer, now the K3 see 1.2 from 14.000 up to 14.350 and the received is very quite.
The one for 17M was installed as inverted V using a 17 feet up galvanized pipe, as the other, when installed was resonating at 17Mhz and in less than half an hour it was tuned to 18.2 Mhz, now the K3 see 1.2 swr in the whole band.
I have been testing them for several hours and I really like how well they work, reports from Europe,Africa and Asia are all very good even using just the 100W from the radio, I received them very clear, what is really outstanding on these two antennas is the very small amount of received noise.
Without a doubt Ultimax makes excellent bazooka dipoles for all bands.