Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Tektronix TDS210 Digital Storage Oscilloscope Help

Reviews Summary for Tektronix TDS210 Digital Storage Oscilloscope
Tektronix TDS210 Digital Storage Oscilloscope Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1195
Description: The TDS210 is a 60MHZ, dual-trace, digital storage oscilloscope
More info: http://www.tek.com/Measurement/cgi-bin/framed.pl?Document=/Measurement/Products/catalog/tds200/eng/index.html&FrameSet=oscilloscopes

You can write your own review of the Tektronix TDS210 Digital Storage Oscilloscope.

KD7UXA Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2007 20:22 Send this review to a friend
Simple  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned mine since 1998 bought new. I opted for the parallel printer port option. I would add
a GPIB interface at some point.

I use this scope almost exclusively. The ability to capture waveforms and print them has been ideal for use in new designs for documentation.

The controls are identical to an analog scope unlike many of the digital scopes.

If you get a chance to buy one do it !!

N1KDO Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2000 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a really wonderful tool. I have had mine for almost 2 years now. I considered buying a used solid-state scope, and I could have bought a pretty nice one for about $400, but... I wanted to have storage capability so I could capture fast-moving signals and analyze them later. The TDS210 can do this. The front panel controls are (mostly) intuitive to anyone who has used an analog oscilloscope, however, there are some fundamental differences in what you can do with the tool. For instance, you can select single sweep triggered mode, and after the trigger event the captured waveform will remain on the screen until reset. That waveform can be scrolled left to right to see parts of the waveform that are not displayed on the screen. You can even see part of the waveform from before the triggering event!
I also bought the TDS2CM communications interface (about $300). This gives the scope a GBIP, RS-232, and centronics parallel port, you can dump the screen to a printer, analyze data on your PC, or (if you have a GPIB card in your PC, I don't) control the scope with your computer.
Another really great thing about this tool is that it is only 4" deep, and extremely lightweight. I put the scope on a shelf on the wall and recovered a lot of real estate on my bench.
I am very happy with the TDS210.