Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Jahnke Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Jahnke Electronics
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Electronic repair service specializing in the repair of the Kenwood TS-440 and other Kenwood equipment.
More info: http://jahnkeelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the Jahnke Electronics.

N6EZS Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2017 08:23 Send this review to a friend
Superb service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Kenwood TS-430S was acting up. I emailed Jahnke describing the problem, fully expecting to ship it for repair. Paul replied almost immediately with a suggestion on what the issue might be. Sure enough, he was right; it was something simple that I had overlooked. Case closed. He even turned down my offer to pay him for his help. This is the kind of service that creates repeat customers -- and I'll certainly be one of them. Highly recommended.

K7SKE Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2017 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent in a basket case TS-440S that had a lot more sentimental value than actual value, it had the "Dots" issue and other problems as well. I was quickly informed of all the issues and let them know what my dollar limit was for the additional repairs. The final tally came out to half of what I expected. The radio came back extremely clean and in great working order...back on the air with a new lease on life! Thanks guys!

W9RAC Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2017 20:04 Send this review to a friend
simply perfect!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kenwood ts 850 purchased from them was as new. Great honest folks who know how to do business!

KC3GQB Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2017 20:51 Send this review to a friend
ts440s Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my old kenwood ts-440s in for repair after a TX fault, Fixed fault, serviced and cleaned radio, even replaced the meter lamp and battery They also aligned the rig, Radio is as new, works better than before and Price was great!

Very communicative via email - No issues at all

K8UMF Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2017 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my TS-50 to Jahnke for refurbishing and received it back working very well in a week. Paul was extremely helpful and really made things easy.

WA1KBQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2016 12:03 Send this review to a friend
My R5000, Night and Day Difference  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent Paul a base model R-5000 with the dot problem. He and Steve promptly went through it, fixed that and replaced several caps with an alignment afterwards. While he had it in the shop I asked him to also install several upgrades including all the optional filters, VC-20 VHF converter, VS-1 voice synthesizer, IC-10 interface IC kit, DCK-2 DC operation kit aand the LED front panel light. I am now enjoying a suberbly operating fully loaded Kenwood R-5000, what a difference!

KB8QID Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2016 21:59 Send this review to a friend
TS-850 repair   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a TS 850 from Paul on ebay. I paid a bit more for it, but the radio had been gone through and those pesky leaking caps had all been changed along with a new battery, battery placement mod and full alignment. The radio is a power house and has great audio. Well, me doing something stupid resulted in smoking a resister or two in the radio and blowing out the front end. I email Paul and he called me within 20 minutes. I shipped the radio off to him for repair. Steve replaced the burnt up resisters and completed a VOX mod on the radio, which I asked him to do. On a side note...if you find your TS 850 has low gain for VOX, send it in for this mod., it now works great. Anyway, they had my baby for about 1 week and I was without her for about 1.5 weeks via shipping. The cost of the repair, mod and shipping back to me was $122. Great service performed on the radio and she is back in line until I do something stupid again. I love this radio and will never sell her. I will recommend repairs by Jahnke Electronics in the future and will use them again if I need a repair. Very reasonable and great service. If you could rate higher than 5 here I would. Thanks Paul and Steve...you have a customer for life!!! Joe KB8QID

KC4ZFC Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2016 22:13 Send this review to a friend
2 thumbs up!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my TS-440 for the dot repair several months back. Worked great out of the shipping box and still going strong. I asked if they had a better looking top cover and if so to contact me for a price. it came back with a much nicer cover, no charge! Highly recommend this company.

K5JD Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2015 05:49 Send this review to a friend
Great service on TS 440S  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have a Kenwood TS 440S for a spare/backup rig, and wanted to use it at my work qth for a few weeks. When I turned it on, it was obvious that it needed tech attention. Sent it to Paul Jahnke, and He had His tech, Steve go through it, remove the goo that causes "dots" problem, replaced a weak capacitor,replaced memory battery, installed ic for data cable (at my request) and tested it. Quick one week turn-around, and great communications. This is the second rig I have sent them, and they both came back running like new!

KW1K Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2015 07:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a refurb TS-850 from Paul and the radio apparently suffered some problem in shipping and the VFO would intermittently unlock.

I emailed him and he immediately offered to either repair or replace the radio [my choice] and followed through with a prompt replacement.

Refreshing to find a seller who stands 100 percent behind his word to make things right!

I definitely will send him any future repair work as well as recommend his service to all my Kenwood friends.