Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Jahnke Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Jahnke Electronics
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Electronic repair service specializing in the repair of the Kenwood TS-440 and other Kenwood equipment.
More info: http://jahnkeelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the Jahnke Electronics.

KH6Y Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2014 17:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Service, excellent communications  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I probably canít say enough good things about Paul Jahnke and his assistant Steve. Besides the great repairs of Kenwood products, they go out of their way to insure that you are getting what you really want, at a cost that is unbeatable. Great Service, quick turn around, and always a quick response to any question one might have. Either by phone or Email. And don't forget to check out their reconditioned equipment also.

WD0HCJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2014 15:58 Send this review to a friend
Work well done!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent Jahnke Electronics my now-vintage Kenwood TS-440S-AT for elimination of the dot problem, which it had suddenly developed. The price was significant but fair, and less than twenty percent of what a new replacement rig would have cost. The work was done quickly and effectively and the radio was returned quickly to me at the actual cost of shipping.

As part of Jahnke's service, the rig's original twenty-seven year old lithium backup battery (predicted by Kenwood to have a life expectancy of only five years!) was replaced, and the meter's incandescent light bulb was replaced with an LED.

I've loved and taken care of the 440 and dusted and cleaned it continually since day one, but it came back to me gleaming. It looked absolutely brand new! That dullness on the metal parts, which had apparently accumulated insidiously over the years was completely gone.

The VFO knob now turns with noticeably less effort. I assume that over the years the lubrication had degraded somewhat. I take this as an indication that the service was comprehensive and that even minor details were attended to.

I've had the rig on the air for three months now, and it performs perfectly in every way. Jahnke's service has given it a new lease on life, and was very cost effective. The work done met and exceeded all expectations, and Jahnke gets my unqualified recommendation.

AJ9I Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2014 15:58 Send this review to a friend
Great repair of TS-440SAT hit by lightning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My vintage TS-440SAT was hit by lightning recently. So,I sent it to Jahnke Electronics for repair. I was very pleased with the quality of service, communications, packaging, pricing, and short turn around time! The repairs restored the radio to like new condition. The work ticket clearly described service performed along with current receiver specs. All needed maintenance was performed including installing a new memory battery. They also provided the 13 pin DIN connector that I needed for the data port at no extra charge! Great customer service. Please visit their website for any Kenwood equipment you might need.