Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Yaesu SP-102 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu SP-102
Yaesu SP-102 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Speaker

You can write your own review of the Yaesu SP-102.

N8FVJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2017 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Better than Palstar SP30B  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Yaesu SP-102 is a very good communications speaker. The filters are good, but my Kenwood TS-590SG provides all the filtering needed in finer steps.

I compared this Yaesu SP-102 speaker to the Palstar SP30B and find the Yaesu considerably superior. The Palstar is better than Kenwood TS-590SG internal speaker on SSB though.

I would never sell the Yaesu SP-102, it is that good. Does not matter at this performance level the Yaesu SP-102 does not match the Kenwood TS-590SG.

WB4TJH Rating: 4/5 Feb 24, 2013 19:46 Send this review to a friend
Good buy used  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I picked up a used one last year at a hamfest for $45 in nice shape. The matching speaker for my Yaesu FT950 is $200, so I was shopping for a used speaker. Yaesu has used the same basic speaker and filters combo for quite a number of years, just varying the case to match each new series of radios. So for $45, it was a bargain. Not a perfect match for the FT-950, but for $155 less, I can live with it. The built-in filters do a decent job, too.

KC8HXO Rating: 4/5 Apr 5, 2012 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Real good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice addition to the shack. The Low Pass and Hi Pass filtering is a nice touch. I just added the BHI NEDSP-1062 board to mine. NOW it rocks.

VK2RB Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2011 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used this speaker on a TS830 for several years & now use it on a FT950. Sounds nice & filters work well.

EB5AGV Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2000 03:35 Send this review to a friend
Great speaker!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a used SP-102 last week. My unit has low and high pass filters installed but no phone patch (which in turn is not legal here in Spain so no great deal). I opened the unit to find a good quality 3W speaker which is the main responsible of the great audio it develops. I have checked it with my FT-102 and also with my Kenwood TS-930SAT and should say that in both cases the improvement over the internal speaker is great and also that the audio filter does its job very well. I have found that NORM position in LOW filter and '2' position in HIGH filter suits SSB nicely. Although it is not the SP-930 in appearance, the SP-102 looks fine side by side the TS-930.