Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Silver Bullet Portable Vertical Base Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Silver Bullet Portable Vertical Base Antenna
Silver Bullet Portable Vertical Base Antenna Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $120
Description: The Silver Bullet Portable Vertical Base Antenna uses the same design as our proven line of Silver Bullet Coils. This design allows for easy tuning, easy band change, low SWR, and perfect match for your radio at the antenna. The antenna is also design for portability with the performance of a base vertical antenna.
More info: http://wolfrivercoils.com/products/sb_port-base-vert-antenna.php

You can write your own review of the Silver Bullet Portable Vertical Base Antenna.

NE5C Rating: 4/5 Apr 7, 2016 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Great FUN  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Silver Bullet Vertical Base antenna to take on Vacation at Galveston TX. Beach, installed quickly, within 50 paces of the Beach, 100ft of Rg8x mini, with 4-35 feet copper radials, had a blast, contacts all over the world, South America, Europe, and every contact made reference to the excellent signal I had with the Vertical, all in all...I had a Blast using the Silver Bullet Vertical Base, and I will take it with me again while on "Walk About"...I really enjoy the Vertical, loads of Fun and worked well for me.

N8MFN Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2015 06:59 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is the best portable antenna I've ever owned the 1000 is up on an 8' tripod with 2 radials 30' long so far I have had over 300 contacts sense June I use it portable and at home I put a 102" whip on it and with 20 watts from my battery powered FT 897 I can talk all over the USA for the price you wont find a better antenna

N9BC Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2014 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Base Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had this now for a few months using it on 40M & 30M primarily but I was able to tune it on all bands with less than 1.5 SWR. The installation was pretty quick about 10 minutes including pounding the mounting pole in clay 2 ft. I don't have a ton of ground radials 12 34ft. I have been able to work many stateside and DX stations with less then 10w with my setup. Is it better than a dipole at 30-40 ft probably not. But it is a very good compromise if you have limited space like I do for the lower bands. The coil seems to be made well and so far I have not had any issues with it. For me the number of clicks didn't match what was in the documentation but that was not too much of a big deal. All in all It's a good buy for a multiband antenna.