Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | SAL Electronics SE-6M 6 Meter Moxon Help

Reviews Summary for SAL Electronics SE-6M 6 Meter Moxon
SAL Electronics SE-6M 6 Meter Moxon Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$139.95
Description: 6 Meter Moxon Beam that covers 50 to 52 MHz at 1.5:1 or less. Covers 50 to 54 MHz at 2:1 or less, providing coverage of the FM band as well. The SE-6M can be mounted horizontally or vertically. Constructed of 1/2" hard drawn 6063-T832 aluminum tubing, 6061-T6 aluminum, UV resistant PVC, and stainless steel hardware. Comes with a 1:1 Maxwell ferrite choke balun with a UHF Female connector.
More info: http://www.sal-electronics.com/se-6m.html

You can write your own review of the SAL Electronics SE-6M 6 Meter Moxon.

N5GX Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2016 07:06 Send this review to a friend
Quality Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a fairly small and unobtrusive 6 meter antenna that would give me some directivity and gain and the Moxon seemed to fill the bill. I had built one before with less than stellar mechanical success. While there were not a lot of commercial 6 meter Moxons from which to choose, I opted for the SAL Electronics SE-6M based on its more rugged representation than a much cheaper maker.

It arrived in just a few days, VERY WELL Packed. No chance for the delivery gorillas to hurt the contents. All the parts were there and as hoped, were high grade aluminum with stainless hardware. The assembly documentation is "HeathKit" like in extensive, detailed instructions and explanations as well as helpful supplementary appendix on mounting, grounding, plots, balun, and assembly blow-ups.

The antenna went together in less than an hour. All pre-drilled holes were correct. I tuned it first at 6 ft and then at installation height. It was very easy to get an almost perfect match at 50.100 were I wanted it.

Using a 6 meter beacon about 30 miles away I could confirm that the front-to-back and gain claims were all justified. With and without openings over the last couple weeks it has performed above expectations and better than my previous home-brew attempt at a 2 element yagi.

I will never be considered a "Big Gun" with my SE-6M at 15 feet feed with 60 watts, but local nets and rag chews are a snap, and DX during openings is fun. With it's heavy duty materials it should last me a long time. That is what I consider a good value.

KK7XE Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2014 06:47 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the antenna sooner than expected. Nice surprise. It went together easily and have it mounted at the nose bleed height of 20' Was able to make a couple of quick Q's with the east coast and had to leave for work again. I just need more time at home so I can finish the project. Always been a fan of the Moxon design and this has proved to be a worthy design for 6 meters. It's held up in some 50+ mph winds which are mild for this part of Montana. Look forward to their newer products.