Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Stockcorner JC-4 automatic antenna tuner 1KW Help

Reviews Summary for Stockcorner JC-4 automatic antenna tuner 1KW
Stockcorner JC-4 automatic antenna tuner 1KW Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $499 Euros
Description: Remote antenna tuner rated for 1KW pep. Two antennas. High
quality parts and high performance coupler.
More info: http://www.stockcorner.nl/index.php/jc-4-automatic-antenna-tuner-1kw

You can write your own review of the Stockcorner JC-4 automatic antenna tuner 1KW.

TF3ARI Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2014 12:16 Send this review to a friend
Best auto-tuner I have work with..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About the tuner

I have now use JC-4 it for 2 week and he works always 100% with my Anan 100D transceiver + VL 1000 1kw amp.
This antenna tuner have 2 antenna input and I can remote control him to switch antennas.
On Antenna input A I have 13 meter (43 feet) vertical whip and on antenna input B I have 13 Meter(43feet) horizontal wire.
This antenna tuner tune both of my antenna 1.1 to max 1.3 SWR on all band from 1.8 MHz to 29 MHz and in less than 3 sec , relay fast and I am extremely happy with JC-4 (always less than 3 sec) I have own SGC 200W and 500W and MFJ 998RT And JC-4 is not a question the best.
Antenna house is waterproof,not just weatherproof like many other tuners
You can connect him to must radio that have auto tune connector use the simple control box that is included and then he works on all radio. I only use around 10W to tune and it works 100%
When look inside the box I see Professional tuner I would believe is made for military or Aircraft, he do not look like tuner for radioamator use.
Only negative part is the remote control connector on the house, you must cover him with waterproof tape as that connector is not waterproof, Owner told me there are working on new connector.
I give this tuner 9.5 of 10 as of the -0.5 for the remote connector.
Final word, This is the best waterproof auto- antenna tuner I have own.
Ari TF3ARI

SV1JCZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2014 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Nice Tuner JC-3 / RAN3 (200watt pep SSB) & JC-4 / RAN5 (1000Watt pep SSB) are construct in Athens Greece by SV1NL

I have the Ran3 for Portable use and the Ran5 in the second QTH with a 18m Spiderbeam Pole as Vertical Antenna.

Here the Manual in Greek Languish:

73 Danny
SV1JCZ / DL1JCZ, SX0HQ, SX1L

OR5A Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2014 07:30 Send this review to a friend
A leap forward in remote couplers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thanks to some ham friends I came in contact with Casper from Stockcorner. He is a fellow ham who likes development. His point of view: make ham equipment using high quality parts for the best possible price. After using the JC-4 coupler I can now tell the difference between most commercial tuners or copied Chinese junk and this remarkable high performance coupler.

Does the box needs to look appealing? No it doesn't. But open the sealed cover and you find a PCB board with the finest components on the market. Relays, coils, capacitors, all well up to the task. Soldering and finish is very HQ.

Presuming you have enough antenna length according the bands you want to work, the coupler allows you to run 1 KW SSB and 750 watts CW. It can cope with short antennas but the shorter the antenna on lower bands, Casper advises to reduce the power output. Also retuning has to be done with the linear amplifier in stand-by.

The tuning is very, very fast. Using smaller capacitor steps a very accurate tuning is provided. Besides, this model comes with two antenna outputs A and B. Both antennas can have up to 50 memories to recall tuned segments. But multiple setups are possible. A symmetrical dipole using antenna rods A and B result in a very good working all band doublet antenna, directly at both antenna outputs or with open feedline.

I'm using this to replace a dipole for 40 and 80 meters. I love the idea covering the complete band with good swr. Using 2 x 25 meters of wire fed with 600 Ohm open line to the tuner gives me a great antenna with nice performance on 160, 80, 60, 40 and 30 meters. (on higher bands I'm using a directional antenna).

The tuners supplied remote controller has a switch to select antenna A or B or switch both antennas to ground (also when powered off). A button lets you start the tuning process. It does not start without this button to make sure unwanted retuning can not happen while in qso.

Another nice feature: tune two different antennas (A and B) on the same frequency and you can compared them without the need to retune either one of them. This is really great and never seen on any other competitors model. Just flip the switch on the remote controller and you have a reading on the transceiver. Great to test antenna configurations and compare them on air with your qso partner.

Already tuned segments are recalled in milliseconds. New segments are tuned in just over 2 seconds. SWR is really 1:1 or 1,1:1 and not higher so your amplifier is happy.

As with all similar concepts, end fed wires or verticals need a decent RF ground to get good results. There's no magic involved here. If only a poor ground is to be provided, consider using the tuner for balanced antennas like dipole, doubled, G5RV.

Email response from Casper is great. He takes proud in his developments. There's also a 200 watt version and a 4 KW version available.

I've been using SGC smartuners, CG-models from China, MFJ remote tuners all using the same concept. So I've done quiet a bit of experimenting with different antenna solutions and brand tuners.

All I can say is this: once I've used the JC-4 I now know what a good coupler has to be. The JC-4 is a leap forward in remote coupling antennas to feedlines and transmitters.

I really can recommend this tuner. It's a class apart not being overpriced. I rate it 5 stars without a doubt.