Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Stockcorner JC-4 automatic antenna tuner 1KW Help

Reviews Summary for Stockcorner JC-4 automatic antenna tuner 1KW
Stockcorner JC-4 automatic antenna tuner 1KW Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $499 Euros
Description: Remote antenna tuner rated for 1KW pep. Two antennas. High
quality parts and high performance coupler.

You can write your own review of the Stockcorner JC-4 automatic antenna tuner 1KW.

HB9DLF Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2016 13:15 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First I tried several other products which were partially cheaper.
Finally my choice was the JC-4S from the Dutch company Stock Corner .
The manufacturer offers 3 models

200 Watt
1000 Watt
4000 Watt

All this models for a amazing price. The 1KW IC 4S is available for Euro 535 . That is really a very good price

The 12 V DC power and control unit is connected by a 4-wire cable and works perfect.
The first tuning procedure is done under 4 seconds. After that it takes usually less then 1 second to get the SWR nearly 1

I have never noticed any tuning steps during operation

The processing of the tuner is excellent! Generous dimensioning of the components give pleasure!

The description is available in english and also in German with great details and practice example

The manufacturer's support is EXCELLENT !! Within 24 hours I`ve got an answer to all my questions. Even to my phone. Great

Anyone looking for a reliable tuner is very well served with the tuner. You get also a big reserve for QRO operating.

I can recommend the tuner without any restrictions

vy 73 de
K8NDS Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2016 14:20 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am using this tuner with an off center fed doublet and 600 ohm ladder line. The doublet is 128 feet long cut for 80 meters. The tuner is mounted remote at the ladder line.
This antenna tunes better than 1.15/1 on all bands (80 to 10) including 160 meters. The tuning rate is extremely fast, after tuning a few times the tune time is less then 4 seconds. On most bands it is about 1 second. It is the best tuner that I have owned up to date. Purchase this tuner with complete confidence.
TF3EO Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2016 08:08 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant Coupler  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the Stockcorner JC-4 1kW PEP coupler in Mars 2016 from Casper. It has been on top of my roof under my 13m Zero-Five vertical since then. It has endured the fiercest of storms both winter and summer without any problems. It has never failed to tune for me and I have even used it to tune 160M on my vertical and got a 599 from Cyprus f.ex on the band. Amazing engineering and when the box is opened you will find high quality components inside. I find it very valuable to be able to short my vertical to ground remotely by selecting the mid position on the controller box f.ex. in convective weather. Customer care is very fast and caring. Casper has answered my few e-mails very promptly and he is very supportive and nice. 100% recommendations for anyone in doubt. 73
N8IL Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2015 14:59 Send this review to a friend
Still very happy after a year  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I provided a review a year ago, and wanted to update that review. I am EXTREMELY satisfied with the tuner, both for ease of use, and performance. Order it with confidence!

LA2RRA Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2015 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have this one for almost one year and this is perfect.
I use tuner when im n holyday and now at my qth here in Norway.
Tuner is connected to my homemade windom with 400 ohms feeder and tuner is outside my house with short 50 ohms coax feeding inside house.

Absolutley perfekt with my AL 80 B amp and Ts 590sg.Abt 600w no problms

Thinking to by one more..have also sg 3000 but this can not handle more than max max 200w...

You dont do wrong bying one like this..also quick answer to support :-)

73 de La2rra Lars M
KI6PU Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2015 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Remote Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Several months ago I began searching for a remote tuner to help reduces the losses over 110 feet of coax and would also handle 600 watts. The JC-4s, newest version, arrived in about a week and was well packed for the trip. Its construction is of high quality to enhance efficiency.

The antenna is a G5RV type dipole fed with 600 ohm open wire transmission line. A 1:1 current balun is installed between the output terminals of the tuner and the open wire transmission line. One hundred and ten feet of coax is attached to the input of the current balun. So far I have not noticed any RF problems in the shack even though I run about 600 watts at times. The new manual for the JC-4s is a valuable source of information about using the tuner with various types of antennas. Customer service is excellent as I had several problems with coax connectors but after several suggestions my problem was resolved. The tuner is ground mounted and is covered with a plastic dish pan to protect it from the weather.

Using the JT-65 mode on 40 meters, the operating range at my station improved to over 10,000 miles opening up new DX possibilities. Operating HF with the JC-4s is now a real pleasure.

EC4KW Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2015 07:54 Send this review to a friend
Just Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a good remote tuner for my vertical long wire, i was reading about the CG-5000 for use it in QRO but some negative feedback made me change my needs til i just find the JC-4 for 1kw
Construction is very solid as you can see on the manufacturer web, good design and good performance for a reasonable price.
The package was shipped the same day after payment and i took about 5 days, very well packaged and comunication with Casper was clear and fast.
Installation was easy, and tunning is very fast, it can tune my 16.2mts wire on 160 mt band to 1:1 in 3 seconds.
Great ATU for a great value, worth the money.
SV1HFY Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2015 13:42 Send this review to a friend
Best tuner ever made  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the best high quality antenna tuner I have ever used, it can even tune a nail! My only complain is the box should be of a better quality to withstand extreme weather conditions and sunlight exposure over time.

I am using it for a couple of years now with DDUtil and PowerSDR to auto tune my SDR and my vertical antenna using *only* a simple MAX232 RS232 to TTL converter from eBay for US$3-4 so the whole ant tune process is remotely controlled, fully automated and avoids dangerous and costly mistakes such as excessive power when tuning. Should also work with Flex radios. PowerSDR should also be calibrated correctly to reflect proper 9W output when tuning in any band and SWR protection shoule be disabled on TUN when Pwr < 10W.

Mini HOWTO use PowerSDR, DDUtil and a MAX232 RS232 to TTL converter to fully automate the antenna tune process with this tuner. The same setup can also be used to control quite a few other tuners.

You have to create two macros in DDUtil and use the RTS and CTS TTL signals of the serial to control the JC units. The RTS should be connected to the START of the tuner and the CTS to the KEY of the tuner.

Create two macros in DDUtil:

Tune On: DDRT1;DDLY100;ZZTU1;
Tune Off: ZZTU0;DDRT0;

With certain Icom tuners the DDLY100 should be changed to DDLY500. The delay should never be lower than 100ms.

Under "Ports" in DDUtil configure the serial port in "SerMacPort" where the MAX232 converter is attached. You should also change the value of CTS macro when Off to execute the "Tune Off" macro.

Also, under "Features" of DDUtil, check the "Tune Detect" and change ONLY the "Tune Off" to reflect the proper macro value of "Tune Off" but only the "Tune Off", the "Tune On" value should remain at the default value of 999.

NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT, YOU MUST NOT USE the TUN button of PowerSDR!!! USE ONLY THE "Tune On" macro button of DDUtil for everything to work correctly.
PA0FRI Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2015 07:10 Send this review to a friend
Great value for the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Generally the tuner is able to match random rods and wire antennas, even if no antenna is connected. Not always with SWR = 1 but often with SWR < 2. It will be clear that with a short antenna the bulk of the energy is absorbed in the tuner itself. To protect the device one have to reduce the transmitter power significantly or use recommend length of antenna systems as stated in the documentation. In terms of price a JC-4 is an attractive alternative to similar but more expensive couplers from other manufacturers. It may be up to a difference of 50% in price: JC-4 1000W/PEP about EUR 500, SGC-235 500W/PEP about er EURO 1000. JC-4 has 11 coils and SGC-235 8 coils available to obtain resonance.

I confirm the review of OR5A.
TF3ARI Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2015 03:35 Send this review to a friend
He is now 7 Month old   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
just little follow up
I have now use the JC-4 for 7 month and still act like new . I run him 99% of the time with 1kw SSB from VL 1000 and Anan SDR radio
I have 2 antenna one on A and other on B input and I can switch remote from
A to B and roof is ground, mate of metal.
both antenna are 43 feet (13m) long ( one Hor and other Ver) and tuner is always 1.1.1 and my VL 1000 amp works well and run cold on this good SWR. I use this tuner on 80m to 10m ( also on 60m) alwas 1.1 SWR very unusual.He have also no problem with 160m 1.1 Swr and I run him 100w there and my antenna is short. Best tuner I have owns last 30 years.