Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | K9TW Hybrid Service Help

Reviews Summary for K9TW Hybrid Service
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Repair of Kenwood Hybrid Radios
More info: http://www.k9tw.com

You can write your own review of the K9TW Hybrid Service.

KA3JLW Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2017 13:56 Send this review to a friend
820s Resurrected from the DEAD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My new call: W3MMM
My 820s had not seen a QSO in maybe 20 years. In that time it was, at times, stored in a damp garage, kicked around, seen 5 moves to different houses.

It was dead. I really thought the digital display was cooked, which can be fatal. It was certainly in need of a LOT of help.

Cue Terry, K9TW. In a phrase, Terry under promised and over delivered, setting realistic expectations along the way and being super communicative. And of course, in the end, it almost looks like my 820s was just pulled new from the box, and performs better than it ever did, even in its heyday.

I didn't realize how much this mattered to me (this radio was given to me 35 years ago by my grandfather) until I could fire it up and have my first QSO, answering a random CQ from Europe. Got a 'great audio' response. We said our 73s and I was satisfied. And then I entered the QSO into my logbook. What's this?? I've worked this ham before?? and it was ...32 years ago...with that same rig, back before I almost killed it!! Whoa!!!

In short, I think Terry not only fixes radios but turns them into time traveling machines! :)

I'm an admitted appliance operator, more of an antenna guy. Terry stepped me through things when/if I needed it.

If you have a Kenwood hybrid, Terry is your guy.

KC5FP Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2016 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my TS-520S to Terry to have it aligned. I could not be more happier with his service. He communicated with me every step of the way. He did a preliminary test and suggested what repairs need to be done. He left it up to me which ones I wanted to be done. He spent a week with my radio and in the end it's working like new. I would recommend that if you love your Kenwood like I do (it was my first radio)then let Terry look at it. You won't be disappointed

KI4DH Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2016 23:08 Send this review to a friend
KENWOOD 830 REPAIR  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I SENT MY AGED KENWOOD 830 TO TERRY FOR REPAIR.
HE REPLACED THE POWER SUPPLY CAPS AND ALSO
FOUND PROBLEMS ON THE IF BOARD. HE ALSO DID
A COMPLETE ALIGNEMENT. TERRY KEPT ME INFORMED
FROM THE TIME HE RECEIVED THE 830 TILL THE
REPAIR WAS COMPLETE.
THE KENWOOD 830S WORKS AND SOUNDS GREAT.
HE IS A GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH AND I WOULD NOT
HESITATE TO CALL ON HIM FOR HIS SERVICES AGAIN.
THANKS, TERRY
JIM / KI4DH

WU3D Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2016 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just wanted to leave feedback for Terry K9TW. I sent my Kenwood TS-830s to him for repair and upgrades to the caps. He found a few other things that had escaped my notice in 12 years of ownership of this rig ! Nothing escapes his eye when he goes over a radio ! I have waited a bit before giving this review so that I could have time operating the radio since he repaired it. It works flawlessly ! Absolutly fantastic job ! A great guy to deal with and I would not hesitate at all to go back to him again if I ever need to. I have already reccomended him to a few other hams. If you want it done right go to Terry. Go to K9TW Hybrid Service !

N2FLP Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2015 16:26 Send this review to a friend
Hybrid Expert in the First  Time owned: more than 12 months
Terry has helped me many times. I'm not only impressed with his knowledge, but also his patience and absolute thoroughness when answering questions. I've learned a great deal from him and I have no doubt his work would be beyond first rate.

Kevin - N2FLP

N5YHZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2014 03:21 Send this review to a friend
Great guy fast service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Kenwood ts 830 from Terry. I am very pleased with his work and fast turnaround
The radio sounds great. Terry was a pleasure to deal with. He kept me involved with the repair and
all problems and questions were resolved. He is A1 in my book. Thanks Terry