Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | DV-Mega Dual Band D-Star Radio Hotspot Help

Reviews Summary for DV-Mega Dual Band D-Star Radio Hotspot
DV-Mega Dual Band D-Star Radio Hotspot Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $179.95
Description: DV-MEGA Radio HotSpot Shield & a computer ( PC or Raspberry PI ) will create a Dual Band D-Star HotSpot which will give D-Star users ď Over The Air ď access to the network with a D-Star compatible radio.
More info: http://www.dvmega.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the DV-Mega Dual Band D-Star Radio Hotspot.

2E0BWF Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2014 06:36 Send this review to a friend
RELIABILITY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT WELL SUPPORTED AFTER SALES TEAM.
VERY WELL PRICED AND RELIABLE IT WORKED STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.
I USE MINE ON A ICOM 2820.
MAY I SUGGEST A COUPLE OF POINTS USE THE PROPER PI POWER SUPPLY.
AND USE A NETGEAR ROUTER NOT A BT ONE LIKE MINE WAS.
SO TO SUMMARISE IF YOU ARE COMTEMPLATING D-STAR GO FOR THE MEGA BRAND NAME.
GOOD LUCK HOPE TO MEET YOU ON D-STAR.
RICHARD

M6CRE Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2014 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant item to use for D-Star  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
what can I say in my review being a Ham Radio Novice, I can only describe it as a brilliant tool It is hidden out of the way in the hall of my House connected to my Router constantly powered on, I donít even have to go in the shack which is all switched off to access D-Star I just grab my icom-92d switch it on and I use it anywhere on my property. So what can I say about it (only that its) MEGA !!!

G4DQP Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2014 03:54 Send this review to a friend
Superb Hotspot  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being unable to only normally access one DV Repeater from home, the DV-Mega came to mind.
Although I am not familiar with the Raspberry pi etc, with the help of Karl I now have my own hotspot within the house and immediate surroundings. I cannot compare to the DVAP system as I know nothing about it, but if anyone wishes to have their own hotspot, you would not go wrong with the DV-Mega. Simple to dial up any reflector or DCS etc with the 92d and especially with the Android phone app. Now about to get it set up for my MIFI dongle. Brilliant.

M6TNW Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2014 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Works Superb.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have the Dv-mega dual band set up to work on 70cms with a Raspberry pi.and my IC-5100
The only repeater I can get into within my location has no internet gate way so I was restricted with what I could do with Digital, I decided to purchase the above unit and have found it to be the best bit of kit I have ever purchased it works with no problems and never misses a beat, it has been switched on now for about 4 months and has been used every day, there are no limitations as the where I can go via the D-star network and am free to use at any times I want to I have never failed to get a connection it just works, I have to say the support I have had from Karl @ DV-mega has been second to none, in view of the way the unit has worked I have bought the Dv-Raspi single band unit with the addition of a WiFi unit that I now keep in the glove box of the car so when I am out I tether the unit to my mobile phone and then have connection where ever I am. this again has worked faultless with my Ic51e hh in addition I have found that if I connect the dual band unit up to my Diamond 2/70 Antenna at home I can access the network upto about 4 miles away from my Qth with my ID 51 hh I would recommend the units to anyone.

Looking forward to more products from DV-Mega

G0CGL Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2014 01:05 Send this review to a friend
Works perfectly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Following on from D-Star solutions for those without RF access to a DR node, like the Dongle or DVAP comes the DV-Mega. The shield is attached to an Arduino Uno and connects either to a Raspberry Pi or PC. I bought the complete version with case and dual-band antenna.

It is a simple matter to install the Arduino environment and G4KLX sofware in Windows, plug the DV-Mega into the PC via USB (from which it takes its power), configure a comport, and away you go.

After loading repeaters, gateways and reflectors into my D-Star radio, I was having D-Star QSOs right away.

Should support be required, Karl at DV-Mega answers emails remarkably quickly.