Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | DroidPSK Help

Reviews Summary for DroidPSK
DroidPSK Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $5
Description: DroidPSK is an application to decode and encode Ham Radio
BPSK31 & BPSK 63 with the build in microphone/speaker or
wired to your radio with the WolphiLink interface or another
interface.
More info: http://www.wolphi.com/ham-radio-apps/droidpsk/

You can write your own review of the DroidPSK .

WB4M Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2015 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Unreal fun program!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found this by accident while searching Google Play for ham radio related apps. I downloaded it onto my Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet which has a 7-inch screen. It will also run on my Droid Turbo 2 cellphone.
The main screen looks like most PSK programs with the waterfall at the bottom, main RVC screen in the center and log items along the top. Down the right side are macro buttons, TX/RX button, screen clear and clipboard buttons. The clipboard can be used as a type-ahead buffer.
I was surprised at how well it copied weak PSK signals. I turned the speaker volume all the way down and it still copied a signal I could not hear, and this is with the tablet just lying in front of the speaker, not wire connected.
For XMIT, I simply put my FT-2000 in VOX mode, hit Start TX button with the mic about 6 inches away, and the tones from the tablet keyed the rig and the PSK tones were xmitted. There is an available plug n' play interface for rigs such as the Yaesu FT 871, 857, 897 and the Icom 703 and 706.
The latest version will run either PSK 31 or 63, and has an searchable and exportable ADIF log. This is a fun program that will allow PSK operation while portable without having to lug a heavy laptop. At first I thought the small keyboard on my tablet would be a hindrance but the using of macros, and especially the word prediction makes typing out QSO's much easier than I first imagined.
The author also has programs for RTTY and even SSTV! Imagine SSTV from your cellphone, lol. He has other ham programs as well. Cost of this gem is only $4.95 and makes for much QRP/portable fun.

AF5U Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2015 16:45 Send this review to a friend
About as good as it gets  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a cw guy. But this is the digital age and it does have its place. I upgraded my iPhone and AT&T offered me a Android tablet for 99 cents. So, after I got home, I looked for PSK software. After downloading Droid PSK, I placed the tablet next to my K2 and copied PSK32 off the air without an interface. I keyed my mic and transmitted PSK audio while keeping my ALC to minimum. Acoustic coupling works ok in a jam, but I plan to build a interface using the EasyDigi kit to do the interface job.
I like the DroidPSK application because it is simple to use and has a logbook with the ability to export\import. This software is all I need when traveling light and wanting to get the job done the simple way.

VK6JB Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2015 15:43 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant  Time owned: more than 12 months
Perfect for field work or for the home station.
Works great on my Android phone, haven't tried a tablet yet, that's to come.
I use mine together with the Wolphilink interface and have had perfect results.
Wolfgang (the creator of the software and the interface) is brilliant to deal with in case you have any issues, the only ones I've had are of my own making.
I can't praise this setup highly enough.

As I only have a QRP setup with my FT817ND and a Par End Fed wire in a less than perfect location, this setup has really extended my operating success.

IV3EPO Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2014 00:16 Send this review to a friend
Well done !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've found it on Google Play market after I've seen a movie of it on Youtube.
Very useful and easy to play on my Samsung tablet and smartphone.
Connected by his interface to my Ft-817 and Ic-7000 (same acc connection!)it works fine and permit to use Psk outdoor in every situation.
73' Giorgio IV3EPO