Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Bearcat BC9000XLT Scanner Help

Reviews Summary for Bearcat BC9000XLT Scanner
Bearcat BC9000XLT Scanner Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $mrsp as 115
Description: Desktop scanner
More info: http://www.uniden.com/docs/product/prlist.cfm?prodcat=Bearcat%20Scanners

You can write your own review of the Bearcat BC9000XLT Scanner.

ERIEDXER Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2013 05:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Anolog Scanner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Along with my very old Bearcat BC300's the 9000XLT has been one of my all around favorite scanning radios. If you don't have digital/trunking in your area, you can't go wrong with a 9000XLT. Performance is solid all around, audio is excellent. Lots of bells and whistles, but it's still easy to program and use. Mine is 20+ years old and has had no reliability issues or degradation in performance. These are fairly inexpensive on the used market as many areas are trunked/digital now, but if analog is all you need where you live they are a bargain.

I24GE Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2006 12:03 Send this review to a friend
SCANNING MADE SIMPLE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a SWL located in Genoa Italy. Bought my UBC9000XLT on eBay in the States , hit hard by Italian customs, but extremely happy about it : it is scanning made simple, forget about those ugly sequences to change banks, stopping the radio, and about Icom's one-bank-a-time operations:
20 banks , 20 buttons ; Want a bank ? Push . Want more or less ? Just keep pushing , this is what I need . Same for searching, just dial two frequencies and enter them , and you're ready .
I am not the VHF / UHF SSB DX chaser, nor I need 3Ghz upper frequency, I listen to all the utilities in town , port , air , etc , plus 27Mhz ,and HAM 6mt 2mt 70 cm and 23 cm , that's enough for me (and HF as well , with other equipment). Big tuning knob with notch for my finger, 40 buttons with very few 2nd function ones, ALPHA tags , sharp display, auto store, hit counter ....I love it.
Okay , no PC interface, but I don't like it, I like stand-alone radios, I can't tell that much about sensitivity and selectivity , but it's fine, I added a cheap FM 88-108 notch filter (for TV sets) and I have no problems, even with my roof-mounted discone 1 km away from a hill topped with all the city's TV and radio transmitters.
This nice toy will stay in my shack for a long while!

N1XWR Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2002 00:42 Send this review to a friend
Good for Beginners and Pro's  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this scanner preowned and have used it as my main scanner for almost two years.
It has great general coverage including the often not included 200MHz military band. AM, WFM and NFM are user selectable on most bands (AM being excluded above 800). The 9000XLT does not do trunking which is okay for the area that I live in. Controls are easy to access and nicely laid out. Anyone who has had experience programming other uniden models will have no problem figuring this one out. A quick glance at the manual will help you along with the Alphanumeric Tags (which comes in real handy when you're talking about 500 memories). Over all, this is a great scanner. It looks and sounds very nice. When trunking comes to town, I may have to consider upgrading to one of the newer models...but I hope that's not any time soon!

K8IG Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2000 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got this radio when they first hit the market & haven't looked back. The 9000 replaced a DOA PRO 2004 which was, in its day, was an equivalent of the 9000xlt. Have had NO problems, great coverage with excellent sensitivity & selectivity. Just wish that all 500 channels could be alpha tagged. A definate keeper!

N5LXI Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2000 01:53 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the BC9000XLT primarily for police and railroad but also have the VHF/UHF ham bands programmed in. It covers 6 meters, 2 meters, 220 MHz (one of the few scanners that does), and 440 MHz. I use it with a diskcone antenna in the attic. It has a nice big tuning knob, good user interface, 500 memory channels of which 250 are alpha-numeric. It's a nice receiver.