Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Chameleon Tactical Dipole (CHA TD) Help

Reviews Summary for Chameleon Tactical Dipole (CHA TD)
Chameleon Tactical Dipole (CHA TD) Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $299
Description: The CHA TD (Tactical Dipole) Antenna has been designed as an
ADD-ON for the CHA EMCOMM II. The CHA TD is a HF broadband
antenna specially designed for portable HF communication
where rapid deployment and simplicity of operation is
essential.
The antenna will operate at all frequencies in the 1.8-30
MHz band without any adjustment with most modern internal
antenna tuners. It is ideal for use in conjunction with
modern, digitally configured, HF communication transceivers
where features such as ALE and frequency hopping require
true broadband capability. No masts or guying are required.
More info: http://chameleonantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the Chameleon Tactical Dipole (CHA TD).

AC1BG Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2017 08:24 Send this review to a friend
flexible/functional  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As I'm still learning (novice), It's nice to have a variety of capabilities all in a convenient kit as I experience working/practicing emcomm.

KD0SMP Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2017 05:57 Send this review to a friend
Durable, reliable package performs  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Durability and quality most appreciated. Everything is there in one package, it doesn't break, tangle, and nothing comes loose. The antenna is no longer the adventure, my radio ops is and that's how it should be.

KG7CNE Rating: 4/5 Sep 30, 2015 22:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Field Expedient Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this antenna because I was looking for an antenna that I could use for a field expedient EMCOMM antenna that was broadband enough that I could run ALE with it. It filled this roll perfectly, and comes with all of the parts that you need to set it up, with one exception. The only reason that I gave it 4 stars was because you will still need to get paracord to raise the two ends of the dipole, as they only include one section of paracord on a winder. Not a problem, I just picked up two large kite winders and two 100' sections of paracord, and tied a loop at the end of each, problem solved. After setting it up based on the instructions, I was below 3:1 across all of the bands from 160m down to 10m, and with a good tuner, was able to run full 100w digital for extreme noise condition data mode tests. Was very thrilled with this setup, and will be hanging onto this antenna for a very long time.

KV4AN Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2014 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Fun in a Bag  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased this product in May and have been having fun with it all summer. I've put up every configuration that I can fit in my yard and have been comparing it to my G5RV, which is up 40 feet. I am very impressed with this antenna. At 25 feet, on 80, it is around 2 "S" units less, about 1 "S" unit less on 40 and 20, and often better above 20. It also does 160, 60, and 30, which the G5RV will not do. This antenna comes in a military-style backpack and can be put up at least six different ways. With my FT-817, I worked several Maryland stations, either ground or NVIS, during the Maryland QSO party on 40 SSB with 5 watts. The SWR is 2.7:1 or less on all frequencies (usually much less) and it would be ideal for ALE. This is a must have antenna for serious emergency communicators.