Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Chameleon Hybrid Micro Help

Reviews Summary for Chameleon Hybrid Micro
Chameleon Hybrid Micro Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$230
Description: The CHA HYBRID-MICRO is a lightweight highly portable
broadband antenna system designed to offer maximum
portability and performance. The antenna weights about 1 lb.
The antenna will operate at all frequencies in the 1.8-54
MHz band without any adjustment with most modern external
antenna tuners. No masts or guying are required.
The antenna will work successfully supported by trees,
masts, the tops of vehicles or any convenient object or
structure. The antenna works most effectively when elevated
at a reasonable height.
More info: http://chameleonantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the Chameleon Hybrid Micro.

KG7JAL Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2014 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this antenna to use when hiking with my KX3. The design, build quality and materials are simply excellent. In addition, the ability of the antenna to receive signals amazes me to this day. I was so impressed with this Chameleon product (my first) that I jumped on the waiting list for their M-Loop magnetic loop antenna immediately. If you are looking for a great performing antenna that will fit in a trail pouch, this is it.

AA6RV Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2014 17:35 Send this review to a friend
Well Built Portable Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
One of the best built coils that I have ever seen. I hooked it up to my KX3 and was on the air in no time. I was playing with 40, 20 and 15 meters and had no issues tuning up. I like quality products and this company has nailed it. I haven't tried my Antenna Analyzer on it yet but plan on doing that in the future. I'm so impress that I planning on purchasing the M-Loop when it's released. That's how happy I am with the product.

VE3FAL Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2014 05:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own a number of Chameleon products and am very happy with all of them. The products are well designed and built to withstand some harsh conditions for field deployment.I currently own the Hybrid Base, HyBrid Mini, HyBrid Micro, EMCOMM II, V1 Whip,CHA MIL Whip, CHA CAP Hat and a number of the jaw mounts. The HyBrid base is currently used in a permanent location atop a 15' pole that is grounded, about 180' of wire taken out in a "L" shape with the short end dropping to within 5' of the ground giving me some NVIS use as well. I operate all low to regular power(QRP-100w) and have not seen any issue with heat. A great product built to last.
I use the Hy-Brid micro for most of not all of my portable operations, I use it in the backyard at the picnic table either on a 15' painters pole or will use a jaw mount connector for it on the picnic table or the backyard swing. I will use either whips or wire for the setup. I also use this on my PRC-104 manpack. I am able to screw the coil into the whip portion of the PRC-104 and use a short piece of coax to come from the whip to balanced side of radio and switch it on, tunes fast and easy. The micro is a great little gem to have in your EMCOMM pack.

KV4AN Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2014 19:31 Send this review to a friend
Versatile antenna system  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With just the Hybrid Micro and the included wire you get a 160 to 6 meter portable antenna good for hiking or camping or temporary / emergency use. Add the MIL Whip and MIL extension and you get a versatile antenna system that allows you to use a radio like the FT-817 as a manpack radio with adequate performance with the whip and very good performance with the wire, depending upon how much time and space you have. You need an antenna tuner, but with my FT-817 and Elecraft T1, you get 160 - 6, even with just the whip. I set mine up in a manpack bag and with just the whip on 20 meters I worked Germany on CW with 5 Watts. With the MIL EXT whip extension, the signal strength was better than my G5RV on 15 meters. Signal strength was a few "S" units less on 40 meters than my G5RV, and much less on 80 meters, all as expected. Use the whip when you have to or on higher bands and use the wire when you can and on the lower bands. Still, it is an excellent antenna for portable use. Mine stays in my FT-817 bag ready to go.