Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Radio-Arena Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Radio-Arena Interface
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $40.00
Description: Interface for Yaesu transceivers...
More info: http://https://radioarena.co.uk/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=567

You can write your own review of the Radio-Arena Interface.

M0KTY Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2015 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Good Product, Great aftersales support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased an Icom CT17 USB interface cable from Radioarena in Scotland in 2009 for my Windows XP machine. It wasn't used for three years and when I acquired an Icom IC718 recently I dug it out and installed it on my Windows 7 (Home) 32bit Netbook.
Unfortunately It would not install with the drivers and refused to work. Causing either a Code(10) or Code(1) error with the yellow triangle against the hardware symbol.
After many hours trying new drivers from the Prolific web site and other RS232-PL2303 chip sets, I contacted Radioarena for help. Despite the product being nearly 6 years old I was encouraged by the suppliers after sales care and customer support.
After a few exchanges of emails “George” requested I return the original and within three days a new one with driver disk had arrived. This worked first time and installed effortless. The product runs on my Windows Home Ed OS and plugs directly into the rear of the IC718 with no fuss or additional cables. I cannot recommend Radioarena enough purely for their non-quibble customer support and aftersales, together of course with a good product.
I am running Ham Radio Deluxe with all the functions between radio and PC working 100%.
RTS and DTS are not tagged in the setup box and Baud rate and Com port are both set to auto detect.

AE5HL Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2014 22:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These things are not complicated, but I needed an interface for my Vertex VX-1700 so I ordered one... The company is based in Scotland and delivery did take some time (2 weeks)...

I use this with Linux (Debian) and have not been disappointed, EASY setup, durable construction... Works very well!

Relatively inexpensive considering some of the competitors...