Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | Hendricks TwoFer Plus Transmitter Cw Kit Help

Reviews Summary for Hendricks TwoFer Plus Transmitter Cw Kit
Hendricks TwoFer Plus Transmitter Cw Kit Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $30
Description: The TwoFer Plus is a simple transmitter that will be offered on 40, 30, and 20 meters. The kits come with crystals in the qrp region of the band. It will put out approximately 1 Watt using a 2N3053 transistor for the final. It has a crystal based VXO that will give about 1.5kHz on 40, and 3kHz on 20. It also has a built in T-R switch on the board that mutes the receiver during transmit. The kit comes complete, with all parts, connectors, case, knobs, wire, and our usual commercial quality double sided, plated through, silkscreened solder masked board.
More info: http://www.qrpkits.com/twofer.html

You can write your own review of the Hendricks TwoFer Plus Transmitter Cw Kit.

KE5LZL Rating: 4/5 Sep 29, 2015 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Fun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got kit last week and installed it in a aluminum case, and had parts to configure for 10m... played with values to get clean signal...
with 1 Watt signal is too chirpy, but by easing off a tad on variable resistor , I get like 3/4 of watt.. which in turn makes the signal come out cleaner. got like 3Khz +/- around frequency of 28.065.
I think this will do for qrp, until I can add some sip sockets to C3 to change other values.
Anyone that has any comments that will be useful, let me know. Like to hear from you.
AE5VM

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2014 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Nice transmitter  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very easy to build and well designed Transmitter. I like the VXO. The case is perfect and has a RX output as well, I use the SoftRock Lite II Combined Receiver Kit for the 20M as a receiver and I have to say this is a great combination.