Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | NAGOYA NA-401 HANDHELD ANTENNA Help

Reviews Summary for NAGOYA NA-401 HANDHELD ANTENNA
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 1.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 144 / 430 Mhz
More info: http://www.nagoya.com.tw/en/2_2277_66883/product/NA_401_id384789.html

You can write your own review of the NAGOYA NA-401 HANDHELD ANTENNA .

WB9YCJ Rating: 1/5 Sep 7, 2014 01:38 Send this review to a friend
Check the SMA centerpin for recess  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought mine at very popular Ham shop in Taipei, Taiwan three weeks ago, so I believe it was not a counterfeit. Original authentic Nagoyas are made in Taiwan. Yes, seems there are counterfeit Nagoya antennas out there (ebay).

This authentic one came in a yellow sleeve package with a silver hollowgram "Nagoya".

Anyway, I paid 300 NT (Taiwan dollars). 29 NT equal to one us dollar. Altogether about ten US dollars. When I put it on my TH-F6a it acted "dead" - no signals. Further inspection revealed the center pin on the Nagoya male SMA recessed, not making contact with the SMA female center pin on my Kenwood.
After throwing this antenna in the garbage, I reflected on the good possibility that I could have used a grinding wheel to grind off some of the excess metal sleeve base thus creating less of a recess of the center male pin - making good contact with the female on my Kenwood.

I have several other SMA HT antennas here and they all do not have centerpin recess like the NA-401. Buyer beware.