Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | G Whip 9:1 Unun Help

Reviews Summary for G Whip 9:1 Unun
G Whip 9:1 Unun Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $25.00 plus p&p
Description: Mini 9/1 un/un rated at 150 watts, PTFE wire on Zi/Ni multi cores fibre glass
tape wound, PTFE SO239 socket, stainless steel fittings, solder tags and a
superb sweep! It is resin potted which makes it full IP68 rated and built
correctly to MIL 810 standards
More info: http://www.gwhip.co.uk

You can write your own review of the G Whip 9:1 Unun.

M0CFM Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2014 03:41 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this 9:1 Unun from Geoff at G Whip a few months ago with the intention of using it portable with a End Fed Wire. It arrived next day, and was of superb quality, with stainless steal fittings, a proper SO239 socket and even a few cable ties and seIf amalgamating tape! Very impressive. I was recently servicing my main antenna (an Inverted L trapped for 40/80) which works very well to 6m and decided to hang this up and do some A/B tests, Wow, I couldn't believe what I found! It was as good on 40m but better on all other bands including 60m against the L! With only 24.5ft of wire too! And it's lower than the L, I managed 100mw CW contacts and 5w SSB contacts!
I can only tell you how it worked here, I have a postage stamp size garden in a noisy area of NW London!
If you can't put a decent antenna up, this configuration and a G Whip 9:1 Unun will get you on the air!
Geoff is a pleasure to deal with, which is handy because this on will be going up permanent and I'll now have to order another for portable use!