Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | MFJ-1752 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1752
MFJ-1752 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$34.95
Description: 5/8 wave ground plane base antenna, 300w.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1752

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1752.

KI6OSH Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2014 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna hooked up to my chimney mast and it really works. Easy to set up and put on a small mast. For the price, can't be beat. Not a thing of beauty but does what it should. Highly recommended.

KY4TS Rating: 4/5 Sep 12, 2014 13:20 Send this review to a friend
I really works!  Time owned: more than 12 months
It definitely isn't a thing of beauty and when you first take the parts out of the box you'll wonder if you got another MFJ lemon. BUT, this antenna really works! The vertical radiator is adjustable for tuning to the part of the band you want to work, but if you tune to 223.5MHz like I did, you'll have the whole band covered with (in my case) a 1.5:1 or less VSWR. Compared to a 1/4 wave I was using at the time, it was a big improvement! Connected to my Alinco DR-235TMKIII, I was able to access repeaters, in one case, 110 miles away. I used it for over a year before I replaced it with a tri-band antenna (I needed the mast space). Recently, I gave it to another amateur who I was helping get started on the 1.25m band and he loves it!.
It is a bit flimsy and it would be easy to strip threads if you are not careful, but it did hold up to a rough KY winter. Wish I could give it a 4.5 rating.