Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Beko HLV-1000 amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for Beko HLV-1000 amplifier
Beko HLV-1000 amplifier Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $2100
Description: 2m LDMOS 1000w amplifier with integral mains power supply
More info: http://www.beko-elektronik.de/index.php?do=hlv1000

You can write your own review of the Beko HLV-1000 amplifier.

9A2YO Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2015 03:30 Send this review to a friend
High power reliable amplifier  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Last year during July contest our old Dressler amplifier died in spite of additional cooling so we (9A0V contest team) feared 36C and high air humidity this year when used our new BEKO for the first time under such conditions. Amplifier performed full power 24 hours and no extra heating was noticed.
Great amplifier !

W8BYA Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2015 11:44 Send this review to a friend
This SSPA Gets an A+ in my book !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I realize I have only owned my Beko for a short period but I must say, for those trying to decide on a high-power, high-quality SSPA to purchase, the Beko is the way to go.

I have been using mine for many 2-3 hour periods for FSK441 (MS) and JT65 EME work and the PA has performed flawlessly ! Even at full power the exhaust fan air temp is JUST noticeably warmer than the ambient temperature in the shack....most impressive.

I run mine off 220 VAC and the total time from delivery time to on-the-air was about 45 minutes. The manual is a little thin and I would have liked to have seen a schematic (just in case years down the road I need to service this on my own), but other than that I give Bernie and this SSPA the highest marks possible !

Buy one and you will not regret it IMO.

G4TRA Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2014 11:03 Send this review to a friend
German engineered power house  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using BNOS SS amplifiers for years, this 1000 watt state of the art LDMOS amplifier produces the UK max legal output easily. Instant start, no lethal voltages and a choice of input powers makes this amp a natural choice for MS and EME. With my limited antenna (11 element Tonna) MS QSOs can take a little longer and at 400 watt output and 100% duty cycle with FSK441 I can bring up the over temperature cut out some times. However the inbuilt LNA sequencer is very useful for managing the mast head pre-amps and this amp is capable of over 1000 watts output in a very linear fashion. Do watch the input signal though, over driving the exciter can result in the amplifier tripping out on change over from transmit to receive. I am told it will protect itself with up to 150 watts of overdrive if you are stupid enough to try it.
It's quite a big amp, dictated by the large internal SMPSU, but this is offset by its low weight: 10Kg