Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | OM Power OM2000+ Help

Reviews Summary for OM Power OM2000+
OM Power OM2000+ Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $EUR 3500
Description: 2 kW HF+6m amp with a FU-728F tetrode

You can write your own review of the OM Power OM2000+.

W7WRJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2017 20:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp - Next one will be an OM Power 4000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered the amp on a Wednesday from Array Solutions, and the amp arrived 6 days latter on Tuesday, directly from OM Power. Both Jay and Jim at Array Solutions were great to work with and helpful. The amp is a dream to operate. Easy to tune. Legal limit out with 22 watts drive. The only thing I would change if I did it again, would be going with the OM Power 2500+, since I don't work any 6 meters at all. I've been running the amp for 2 weeks now and no issues. Last weekends IARU HF World Championship Contest, I worked 118 countries on 40 meters, and never had to call any station more than once. I see an OM Power 4000 in the future.

Mike / W7WRJ

IK5HHA Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2017 00:47 Send this review to a friend
Great HF+6mt PA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received this PA from a few days.
The PA is incredibly powerful, quiet and compact.
Recommended!
'73 Luca IK5HHA

KC6OBT Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2017 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Money Well Spent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Any piece of equipment is only as good as the product support it has from the supplier as well as the factory.
From Jay and Jim at Array Solutions to Tibi at OM Power this purchase was totally painless. DHL had a small snag and the crew at Array was all over it. It left Slovakia on a Tuesday and arrived that Friday. Emails to both OM Power and Array Solutions were answered promptly some of which were on a Sunday.
So many times we purchase items that do not meet our expectations, the 2000+ is not one of these items.
This amp rocks
Tuning is quick and easy, and it is just loafing at full legal limit.
If you want a excellent amplifier at a resonable price look no further. These big black boxes are pure magic.

K6AER Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2016 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Game Changer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I received the OM-2000+ and I am duly impressed. It was shipped from Slovakia and came attached in a padded double box strapped to a shipping pallet. Took four days from receipt of order. Jay at Array Solutionís was very helpful with the order. Array Solutions paid the shipping and customs. Total cost was $3500 and change. I was able to track the DHL progress the whole way.

Hook up is easy and the manual explains the operation very well. Basically you peak the tuning and adjust the load to center the tuning meter to keep the grid and screen currents within operating limits. USE THE RECORDED PRESETS TO GET STARTED DRIVING AT LOWER POWER LEVELS. For 35 watts in I saw 2100+ watts out on 20 meters. About the same on 40. On 6 we obtained 1500 watts out for 29 watts in. The tuning is a bit sensitive on 6 so you need to go slow. The construction is excellent with sharp attention to detail. Sort of an amplifier version or a Breitling Watch. The OLED meter is very well light with several menus are settable and easy to customize. The amplifier weighs about 57 lbs. and has a small foot print on the desk. When turning on the unit the countdown timer starts at 210 seconds and at zero you are ready to go. The amplifier has many fault protection conditions and you will be hard pressed to harm the amplifier in any way.

The manual is very helpful but is a black and white copy of some original somewhere. The pictures are fuzzy at best and you are better off downloading the manual from the internet and printing a copy yourself. The Analog VSWR meter is very accurate but the meter back lighting needs some work. White LED lights would be helpful here. The amplifier has three antenna selections which is very nice. Fuse sockets ore on the rear and protected with a metal strap. All the watt meter readings were confirmed accurate on my test watt meters. The amplifier has a rear fan and a blower for the tube plenum area. Exhaust is out the top of the left rear chassis cover.

The amplifier came with a test sheet showing the tune and load for 1500 watts out which is very helpful for getting started. Being a Tetrode amplifier your tuning will change with different wattage drives. I found the amplifier efficiency to be very good and the heat from the tube cavity exhaust was normal at legal limit out. The OLED display will give you the anode exhaust temperature. The power cord is detachable which is very nice when carrying something this heavy. The keying patch cable was included along with spare fuses. The chassis has several feet (more than 4) for table top use along with extra feet in the location of the transformer. Fan noise is very low.

The on the air reports indicated the signal was very clean and the spectral foot print was as clean as the IC-7300 exciter. I did notice some transformer hum when tuning at maximum continuous carrier output but under normal CW and SSB modes the transformer was quiet.

This amplifier breaks the price quality barrier for a 160-6 meter, legal limit amplifier with up to 700 watts of head room. Power output is lower on 6 but still above legal limit. It has been a long time in coming where a ham can get this performance for under $3600. I have been an Alpha man all my life and this unit is a game changer.

IK7UXY Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2016 06:20 Send this review to a friend
Great amp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm very happy for choosing this amplifier. All specifications are easily obtainable. Excellent relationship with a manufacturer.

Gianni IK7UXY

KB8O Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2016 10:51 Send this review to a friend
BEST Amp for the money!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After much research of other amplifiers I bought 2 of the OM Power 2000+'s. I needed an amp that had 6m in it and also legal limit on rtty. I have had all the Ameritron amplifiers in the past, and even the ALS 1306 solid state. These amps replaced an AL80B and a ALS 1306 in my multi 2 contest station. I bought the amps and received the amps in less then 3 days direct from Slovakia. Both service from Jay at Array Solutions and the Gentlemen at OM are very helpful and pleasant to work with. Both amps take about 30-40w for full legal output , are totally overloaded with protection , and just sit and run at low temperatures. Inside and out the build quality is over the top and the features on the display are more then most people will ever use. I was worried about the noise of the fans but they are quieter then the old amps we used to use . We just did 8 hours or so in the CQ WPX SSB contest and we tried our hardest to get the secondary temperature controlled fan to come on but couldn't make it happen... 100% satisfied with amps , the buying process, and the support !

Jay KB8O
Doug AB8M

W9UM Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2016 11:16 Send this review to a friend
Proud to own.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After building and purchasing amps the OM2000+ is a remarkable piece of equipment. Quality throughout and more output than is ever necessary. Easy to tune and tech support (David) is more than willing and patient to expose a small learning curve. This amp really doesn't compare to my Alpha 89 and I'm more than pleased with the OM2000+. Makes me want to buy another one...hihi...
Thanks to the folks at Array Solutions for providing this amp and for their graciousness.
vy 73,
Nick W0UM

W6XR Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2015 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Full power with great QSK too!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my new OM2000+ and it wouldn't amplify. Spoke with Jay and other techs at Array Solutions and my level of frustration was getting to the point of absurdity I wanted to avoid at any cost. I then went to each header and every connection armed with a can of contact cleaner and I came upon very subtle indications that some of the connectors used were subject to inspection by United Parcel Service. I then lined up the box used by the OM folks and I was confident the person who was responsible for the "no show" might well be the shipper. After re-setting and cleaning every connector I suddenly had an amp. that worked and worked extremly well once the connector problem was solved!

I easily was able to get >1500 watts out on all bands and much more on 160 through 6 meters.(Once you have taken the time to make up a useful tuning chart, I was able to use the charts information for all that was settings used when I changed bands. Set the Band/Tune and Load controls exactly to the settings I showed on this chart. This tuning by the chart made tuning almost as easy as some of the auto tune amps I've owned in the past. I used to be of the opinion the Alpha 86 series provided the quietest T/R changeover as does the 2000+ but the rival 2000+ is also pretty much noiseless when keying the amp. It certainly is the maker of MUCH LESS noise than the Alpha 8410 I'll soon be selling. Finally, a small, easy to tune amp that makes no substantial noise going from transmit to RX, and a easy to tune amp that is at the right price too. It's the best value that is now available in my opinion. The 2000+ provides a lot of information to give you a good view of what's going on through a long list of error messages quickly available too. For the price, it's a very good box with VALUE that has been redefined by the OM folks. Can't read the reports after a dozen or more contest operations yet, but I sure think it will give a good report no matter what I do with it during the competition. For the cost and technical guru's out there, it's right at the top.

Natan W6XR
Ithaca, NY.

JT1CS Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2015 00:41 Send this review to a friend
Very good Amp  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased my OM2000+ last November. Since then I'm enjoying my new Amp. It has all necessary protections like high SWR, high temperature etc... Easily gives me 1300 watts. I don't need more than that.

W4TUN Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2015 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Eating Crow  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I posted before and wasn't too sure about this amp. But now I have spent a few more days with it and feel much better about it. I was able to learn how to tune it up on 6, took me an afternoon, but now all I do is dial in the right numbers and it is up and running, so almost instant now. In fact I just fired it up and worked VP8NO on 6, and I know I would not have had him with out the 1.5kw.....Still a little loud but learning to live with it, I think my issue was going from a solid state amp to a tube amp created a bit of a learning curve which I found very frustrating. It really is a lot of amp for the money.