Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | OM Power OM2000+ Help

Reviews Summary for OM Power OM2000+
OM Power OM2000+ Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $EUR 3500
Description: 2 kW HF+6m amp with a FU-728F tetrode

You can write your own review of the OM Power OM2000+.

IK8HCG Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2015 10:55 Send this review to a friend
I HAVE NO WORD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Owner now of a OM 3500A and previously an OM 3500, I can only say that the OM 2000+ is a realy great amplifier well done. Small and powerful. With a group of friends, we bought four the same day, all satisfied for its construction and the real power declared,
although I observed that you can get more power.
HF band I reached 2300-2400 watts while in six meters I did not go over 1700 watts.
the tunig is very easy with all the parameters available.
Personally I used in the contest and did not notice any problems of reliability and power, always the same.
comfortable his band antenna switch.
I read a previous review about the difference with a ACOM 1000, what to say? there can be no comparison for obvious reasons, more powerful amplifier needs inevitably increased ventilation so slightly more noise of course. But today who do not use headphones microphone ????
in my previous reviewes about OM 3500 call him "the murderess," That I can define the OM 2000+ the little murderess.
Is a great toy.

NP2G Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2015 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Really great   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this amp to use on my boat . Size was a very important consideration. Also as with any amp I wanted a unit that used readily available finals.
The FU 728 is a great tetrode. It is also in other amps that I own. And yes tetrodes tune and load differently .
Noise from the fan . For me no issue . I have ran it at the qth and run audio processing .Even with this massive addition of audio it's no issue.
Watts out Boy is this little guy mighty .
And this is on all bands .
Built really well . I see similar components in my larger amp.
So It works far better than any 12vdc Solid state amp. Until they manufacture units that are 120V transistor finals Ill stick with tube style.
I would recommend this amplifier to a good friend .

WU2M Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2015 20:37 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Amp & Support Thats 2nd to None!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The heating issue I spoke of in my first review seems to have been caused by an incorrect bias setting. Once I reset it (which
the amp actually did for me) I had no issue.I can tell you that this amp is a powerhouse.
It makes loads of power, is quiet and so far very relialable. 1500 watt CW, SSB & RTTY all day long with ease!

Tuning this amp is a breeze and with the built in tuning aids it is quickly accomplished. I have my settings in a spread sheet
for easy recall. I simply dial in the numbers and go. I have yet to notice the settings change from what I have
recorded in the spread sheet. I am very impressed by the fully configurable front panel display.
I like that I can set the display to show a wide range of parameters and I can even lay them out the way I want them.
For instance, my main display shows me Output Power, SWR, Input Power, A screen current graph, a tuning indicator and
temprature. There are many many other choices as well. You even have multiple displays that you can set up.

The amplifier has a lot of built in protection features that makes it pretty bullet proof.

For anyone worried about the fact that this amp is not manufactured in the US, don't be. Array Solutions is dedicated to making sure that they deliver great customer service and they do. Jay and his staff have been a pleasure to work
with and so have the staff at OM Power. OM Power sent me a couple of parts to try when I was having the heating issue and I got them in 4 days! (Let me add there were NO defective parts, it was an incorrect bias setting)
Array Solutions and OM Power worked very hard to make sure their product was performing as it should and that I was happy.

Soon I will be purchasing another amp and the decision I need to make is which OM Power Amplifier will I get next.

Great customer Service from Array Solutions and OM Power make buying worry free!

F8DQL Rating: 4/5 Sep 19, 2014 02:14 Send this review to a friend
Lot of watts in a small package  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,
I own an OM2000+ amp for about one month, it replaced an Acom 1000 that I really liked, but I wanted a little bit more power.
2 kW carrier with a FU-278F on all bands, including 6m, it's impressive!

Pros:
- High power with only one phase amp (240 V)
- Soft start
- Tuning help (see cons)
- Customization of the menus
- Lot of protections

Cons:
- Tuning help. Looks nice but less efficient than the Acom 1000's one
- Tune and Load positions change slightly depending on the input power
- Noise (not so noisy, but more than the Acom)

This can let you think that I am disappointed but I am not. OK, the amp is more loudy and tricky to tune, but for twice the power!