Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | Chinese clone of Yaesu TCXO-9 Help

Reviews Summary for Chinese clone of Yaesu TCXO-9
Chinese clone of Yaesu TCXO-9 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $30
Description: Direct, plug-in replacement for Yaesu's $135 msrp TCXO-9, high stability, temperature compensated crystal oscillator.

You can write your own review of the Chinese clone of Yaesu TCXO-9.

W3FIS Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2017 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Great enhancement!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I do a lot of very narrow band digital stuff with my FT-817ND. On WSPR and various JT modes, it is clear that my frequency is much more stable -- increased decodes on WSPR in particular.

VK3DWS Rating: 0/5 Sep 3, 2015 23:49 Send this review to a friend
Defect in manufacture - unusable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered this item and when it arrived it was unusable. One of the pin sockets was full of metal and couldn't accept the pin from the radio. It appears there is a great lack of quality control.

IK1XPB Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2015 13:11 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic bargain  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Paied less than 17$ from China to Italy shipping included.
I was a bit worried not to receive it.
In two weeks It was on my desk. Installed flawlessly.
Much more stable in frequency mostly on 430mhz with CW filter 300hz. You really note the difference.
For many years I looked at that empty socket for TCXO-9, wanting to fill It but unwilling to pay 90$ or so....
Jump on the bargain before the price grows
'73 de
IK1XPB - Carlo

F6DFZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2014 00:34 Send this review to a friend
Fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,

This item is not only cheap but also works finely.
I did some tests on WSPR on 144 MHz with a friend whose installation is referenced to a professional GPS better than 1 part for 10 billions. My drift was minimal and out of the box precision was also very good.
Definitely a great buy.

W9MT Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2014 20:31 Send this review to a friend
Now even less expensive...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The competition is on...

The Chinese clone of the Yaesu TCXO-9 which I previously reviewed is now sub-seventeen-dollars on eBay from 2 or 3 sellers, including shipping.

This is six bucks less than I paid for mine back in late September!!! I don't see why anyone wouldn't want one under their Christmas tree this year.

The quality is excellent. There are caveats, as listed in my previous posting, but they're minor.

No, I don't have ANY financial interest in their sales.

Plus, I still feel that my $22 range earlier purchase was fairly priced and a really nice addition to my FT-817 (no ND). The current pricing is an absolute steal !!!

I just wanted to do an update now that the price has dropped by more than 30% over what I paid.