Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Qtenna 6 - 20M 2 ele quad Help

Reviews Summary for Qtenna 6 - 20M 2 ele quad
Qtenna 6 - 20M 2 ele quad Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $599
Description: Nice 6 band antenna with single feed for 10 20 meters.
Weighs 43 pounds, low windload, low SWR, good gain and
F/B.

20 17 15 12 10 6 meters on a single boom.

Wide band coverage on each band. Low noise being a
closed loop.
More info: http://www.qtenna.com/

You can write your own review of the Qtenna 6 - 20M 2 ele quad.

W4OS Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2014 12:10 Send this review to a friend
Qtenna Quad Hub  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Steve builds a great product. It is a spider type hub for a 2 element quad. I ordered one of the hubs 6 month ago. The quad I built has 5 bands (20, 17, 15, 12, 10 meters) They are feed separately from a remote coax switch. You can run legal limit power, If you need to. With out any worry of burning-up traps. Each element is tuned for flat SWR on each band & best front to back rejection. Primarily used William Orr W6SAI All About Cubical Quad Antennas book for info and guidance on building the antenna.

QTENNA - For the spider hub.

MAX-GAIN SYSTEMS, INC - For the fiberglass quad spreaders (Type-1)

THE WIREMAN - For the 14 AWG antenna wire & Budwig HQ-1 connectors.

LOWE'S & TRACTOR SUPPLY - For the stainless steel clamps & wire insulators.

AMERITRON - For the RCS-8v coax switch.

DX ENGINEERING - For the RG-213 coax.

I really like the front to back & side to side rejection it has. Have work a lot of DX with it. Especially on 10 & 17 meters.

W4OS Ron

KG9Z Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2014 07:16 Send this review to a friend
Top quality hears super!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the quad kit from Qtenna at the 2014 Dayton hamfest. The company owner, K9SN, Steve was very informative and just a nice guy. We chatted and made a deal where I purchased the entire kit without the fiberglass rods. (Easier for me to take home and I live 40 mins from DX Engineering).

Building the quad was easy but you had to use some smarts. The manual is lacking. I have communicated with Steve and a more detailed manual is now available. I had no problem building the antenna, just guess used to a more "Heathkit" like step by step. On the flip side, made it enjoyable to just go for it. Results speak for itself.

I mounted the quad on a Rohn HDBX-48 tilt-over tower. This is a new QTH and 1st time for a directional antenna at this location, so I can not just say this is better or quieter than a yagi or wire beam. I can say it works great! Its a perfect antenna for BX type towers. (They say 10 ft boom max and one antenna) This certainly fills the bill. 18" boom. Wind load it under 5 Sq. The HDBX-48 is rated at 18 Sq, so a very good match with a margin of safety.

The SWR is super except on 10M. I believe its operator error when I cut the wires for each band. I have not lowered the quad to check as of yet, mainly because having such great performance as it is. My Palstar tuner easily tunes 10M to 1 to 1.

Here is the SWR readings with my Palstar ZM-30.
20M 1.2 to 1
17M 1.4 to 1
15M 1.7 to 1
12M 1.3 to 1
10M 2.5 to 1 (1.3 to 1 @ 27Mhz)

Fun to build, great communication with company owner. Highly recommend this antenna.
(I am happy as shortly after getting the antenna/tower completed, I was able to work E30FB on 20M SSB for ATNO #348!) de KG9Z