Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | MFJ-1965 11-section aluminum telescopic pole Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1965 11-section aluminum telescopic pole
MFJ-1965 11-section aluminum telescopic pole Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $199.95
Description: This 11-section multi-purpose aluminum telescopic pole can be
used for vertical antennas or as a mast, pictured left. Great
for portable, temporary use and permanent use -- traveling,
camping, etc. Includes one size of each slitted tube listed
above and ten hose clamps. MFJ-1965 is 64 feet fully extended
and 6 feet collapsed without clamps. Guying is required if
mast is extended beyond 30 feet. Top section is .625 OD.
Bottom section is 2 inches OD x .120 wall.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1965

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1965 11-section aluminum telescopic pole.

KG7CUL Rating: 4/5 Oct 8, 2014 19:32 Send this review to a friend
Good with Limitations  Time owned: more than 12 months
I like this mast for portable operation and temporary base wire antennas. I use mine for portable operation with a hitch mount flag pole holder. I have used it at home mounted in multiple locations for wire antennas & a small 2m base antenna. It probably could hold a small yagi, but don't expect to go up 64' without getting worried about it buckling.

I have only taken mine up to 56' and I was a little worried even with guys. I usually just push it up about 25 without guy lines. MFJ sells 3 guy rings for this mast, but I think it needs 5.

Overall it's nice for $200, but when I received it the second largest tube had a small dent in it so it wouldn't go together, MFJ promptly shipped me another tube. I replaced one of the hose clamps that had failed, but it was a different brand than the others & let MFJ know. This mast is basically the Hy-gain ATM-65 64, If you buy either of these buy a 5 guy ring set like the one DX Engineering currently has.