Reviews Categories | Electron Tubes | 572B T160L Shuguang Help

Reviews Summary for 572B T160L Shuguang
 572B T160L Shuguang Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $50.00
Description: 527B TRIODES MADE IN CHINA BY SHUGUANG

You can write your own review of the 572B T160L Shuguang.

K7XDX Rating: 3/5 Nov 21, 2014 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Update on our tube drama  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the replacement tubes shipped from China well packed as promised by this vendor. Tubes looked great. Carefully warmed tubes up over many hours at 6.3 volts Next light loaded testing showed both tube to work well. Increased to 550 600 watts in SB-200 - great! Next AM turned amp on "Tinkle" sound and one tube filament gave up. Replaced tube with a Cetron I had. Has been running 500 watts for 2 weeks OK. Vendor asked for replacement tube for bad one. We shall seeif they honor the early death with a new replacement.

KC2QYM Rating: 1/5 Oct 9, 2014 06:43 Send this review to a friend
Pay low, take chance  Time owned: more than 12 months
About three years ago I bought a pair of these 572Bs via ebay. It doesn't matter which Chinese seller you buy from, they're all Shuguangs. After about seven months the power output from my SB-200 only peaked to about 250 watts output from the 500 watts I was seeing. Suspecting the tubes I replaced the Shuguangs with my original pair of Cetrons and had my 500 watts back. There are too many reports of quality failures with these tubes but in the end you get what you pay for. If Shuguang improves their quality I would only buy from an American distributor and pay a bit more for some fair return policy if needed.