Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Sirio 5060 Help

Reviews Summary for Sirio 5060
Sirio 5060 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $95
Description: TORNADO 50-60: OmniDirectional 6M Vertical Base Station
More info: http://www.sirioantenne.it/prodotti_all.php?category=VHF+%2830-300+MHz%29+Base+Antenna&antenna=++TORNADO+series+36...60+MHz&idc=1011280341&idg=1008171189&idp=102

You can write your own review of the Sirio 5060.

K2MOB Rating: 4/5 Dec 31, 2015 11:39 Send this review to a friend
Good All-Purpose Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have this antenna at 20' and have had good results working FM repeaters within 75 miles at 25 watts. I've also had excellent results working SSB to the US west coast with 100 watts. I've had DX QSO's with Alaska, Canada, Mexico, and Cuba at the end of last summer, can't wait to see what the spring will bring! Was easy to assemble and tune, very pleased with quality and it has resisted coastal corrosion very well. Well worth the money!

AI4SU Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2015 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Good ears, TX well  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Awesome antenna. Instructions easy to follow, assembly very easygoing. Tuning swr was also easy using the length chart diagram. I am using this antenna for local talk only on 6-meter FM. I have the tip of this antenna at 55 feet. It receive twice as well as my previous antenna at same height which was a vertical dipole. I'm communicating with others that are 20 plus miles away whose antenna not very high up. I spray painted this antenna green and it's mounted in a tree; no issues with swr, even when wet or while raining. Others gives me a good signal report back. I'm sure it will perform well during band openings. The material grade is very strong and high quality. There are other 5/8 wave antennas on the market that cost twice as much as this one, but as for me, my money was well spent.
Looking for a 6-meter vertical, go ahead and try this one. 73's and explore and experience 6-meter.

G3XAP Rating: 4/5 Jul 11, 2015 08:26 Send this review to a friend
Good value antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this for the ES season and was surprised at the build quality - superb! Assembly was simple and took around 20 minutes. I tuned it with an MFJ 269 and found that the length for resonance was somewhat different to that quoted in the instructions, however this was not a problem. The SWR is 1.1:1 from 50.0 up to about 50.9 MHz.

Mounted on top of a 20ft pole, I can work anything I can hear. But ... I am not hearing DX. Nearby stations are working W/VE stations which I just cannot hear. Maybe next year I will invest in a beam.

Overall, this antenna is very good value for money.

Phil, G3XAP

ON4XA Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2014 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
This high quality base station antenna for the very popular 6m (50Mhz) band is a great addition to the Sirio range. 5/8 Wavelength antenna for base station working on 50-60 MHz tunable by means of the enclosed tuning diagram. This series are made of anti-corodal aluminium tubes. Strong and easy to install, it allows very good links.This antenna is one of the best built antennas I have ever seen. Exceptional quality and definitely overkill in materials. It took about 15 minutes to assemble, 5 minutes to tune. SWR 1:1,3 on 50,000 -> 1:1,5 on 54,995. I contacted many countries and all continents with it. Great product.