Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | PAE-Kx33 AC Power Supply Help

PAE-Kx33 AC Power Supply Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $60
Description: PAE-Kx33 AC Power Supply for the
Elecraft™ K1, K2/10 and KX3
More info: http://https://proaudioeng.com/products/pae-kx33-ac-power-supply/

You can write your own review of the PAE-Kx33 AC Power Supply.

N9YB Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2017 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Top notch product  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an excellent power supply for the KX-3. It is very well engineered and as a result, very RF quiet. It is very light, compact and packs away nicely. It works seamlessly with the KXBC3 battery charger.

The power splitter add-on cable provides the ability to fire up both the KX3 and the PX3. I do wish the distance provided by the splitter between the KX3 & PX3 was a bit longer, but it gets the job done.

It is a great value and a must have for the KX3 when operating at home.

KC8TYA Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2017 06:36 Send this review to a friend
Revised review  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The folks at ProAudio Engineering got in touch with me and worked very hard to resolve the AC hum issue I was experiencing.

The power supply is now working very well.

Excellent customer support.

KC8TYA

W4OP Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2017 13:45 Send this review to a friend
A Well Engineered Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This supply is unlike any other switcher out there.
This is not just another off-shore switcher relabeled. Custom engineered to be very low noise with only 100pF In/Out coupling capacity. Over voltage/ Over temp/ Over current protected. No one else is publishing their radiated spectrum plots. I use this supply not only with my KX-3, but anytime I need a low noise lab supply for bench testing. Howie always makes himself available to answer questions. More amateur companies should look to Pro Audio to see how to run a company.

Dale W4OP

K9JRI Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2016 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Very high quality supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the supply today for use with my KX3. I was pleasantly surprised in the overall quality. It was even better than I had expected.

The voltage was right on target and looked very clean on my Rigol scope.

WJ1R Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2015 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent portable power supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well constructed and solid portable power supply with no discernible noise on the KX3. It also charges the KX3's internal batteries with no problems.

VK2JNG Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2015 14:43 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my PAE-Kx33 power supply. Works great with the KX3. Excellent for charging the internal batteries. Absolutely no splatter of RF detectable. Would not hesitate to purchase again from this company in the future.

Gerard VK2JNG

NU4X Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 09:33 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT PRODUCT AND SUPPORT  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I received my KX33 4 months ago, and recently noticed broadband noise on all the bands tested. I contacted Howie at ProAudio and he responded promptly, sending a second unit. Upon receipt I discovered that BOTH units worked just fine. It was, perhaps, an intermittent problem with the original unit, or just a coupling issue during my portable setup with my KX3.

Howie and his company are the definition of prompt, courteous and efficient customer service and support, long after the sale. What a great model for the industry! GREAT PRODUCT AND SUPPORT!

WB2FYY Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2015 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Solid performer; recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this to replace an MFJ-4103 power supply for use with an FT-817. The MFJ supply was generally ok, except for the splatter of hash that always seemed to oscillate its way onto the HFPack calling frequency on 17 meters.

The PAE-Kx33 is blessedly radio silent. It puts out a 14.4 volts on receive even with the volume cranked, and dips to 13.9 on 5W FM transmit. [Measured by the voltmeter in the 817.] See the full specs at proaudioeng.com. I just got it; if there are any surprises I'll amend this review. But for now, I am delighted with this supply.

Construction is solid. The FT-817 power adapter is convenient. The power supply was expertly packaged for mailing. WA4PSC offers a 1-year warranty.

N8JX Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2015 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Great company  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Am using the supply with a kx3 and it is working great no noise. What a pleasure to buy with a company with such great customer service (Thanks Howard).

KD2FDP Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2014 06:40 Send this review to a friend
EXECELLENT SUPPLY FOR TRAVEL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have this supply about a month and so far it has been stellar. Supplies solid 14.1 volts which gives me 12 watts on the KX3.
It is great if you travel, it is small and light. Also it RF quiet on all bands