Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | JETSTREAM JTBM270 Help

Reviews Summary for JETSTREAM JTBM270
JETSTREAM JTBM270 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $99.95 ($79.95 online)
Description: Dual band beam for 2m and 70cm. Independent element type ensures a nice gain
and performance in comparison with mono band beams. Stainless steel boom,
elements and brackets which ensures superior durability and long life in all
weather conditions. Lightweight, compact and easy to install and re-assemble.
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.biz/product_info.php?products_id=71568

You can write your own review of the JETSTREAM JTBM270.

WQ6N Rating: 4/5 Sep 22, 2017 16:48 Send this review to a friend
Follow up comments on the feed point adjustment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Did some feed point (matching rod and shorting bar) testing. The antenna will match with the matching rod fully inserted. I am just doing packet so its the lower end of both bands. I ended up with 5/8 inch from the external end of the 70cm matching rod to the shorting bar and 1 5/16 inches for the 2m. Match was down to 1.2 or less.
Even with the random alignment of the elements the antenna seems to do well. It does like to be mounted on a military surplus fiberglass tent pole (those 4ft stackable sections).
I used a 90 degree N adapter to bring the coax back which dressed up the cable flow.

AF5CC Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2017 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Good on the satellites  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked up one of these antennas recently from R and L electronics to use for satellite and weak signal work with my Yaesu FT100D. I didn't have much mast space below my TGM Communications Miniquad so I knew it would be within a couple of feet of that antenna. I figured the shorter boom length of this antenna would hopefully minimize interaction between the 2.

Assembly was very easy, almost as easy as the Diamond UHF beam I had before but this one does require the use of tools. Took me about 10 minutes to get it put together and tuned. Moved the 2m gamma match slightly and had it tuned for the weak signal and satellite portions of the 2m band just fine. The SWR goes up a little bit in the 147mhz repeater subband but it is still very usable. I just set the gamma match at the end of the shorting bar for 70cm and it works fine from 430-450mhz.

So far performance has been excellent for the size and price. I have made quite a few satellite QSOs with it on most of the satellites, including AO7 which is the highest in elevation. It hears the satellites very well also. It isn't going to outperform a dedicated circular polarized monoband satellite antennas, but then it only costs $80.

Did check into the Sidewinders on Two net last week just fine, and the net control is 100 miles away from me.

For the size and price this antenna is definitely worth it. Planning on improving the antenna situation in a few months, but might keep this one to use for portable satellite operations.

N0LOH Rating: 4/5 Mar 19, 2017 04:06 Send this review to a friend
Same design as Maldol Fox 727  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the same antenna as a Maldol Fox 727 to the point that the manuals for both are also exactly the same. Antenna works fine, just needs proper tuning. I'm using mine mounted on a camera tripod for satellite work.

VE3PSF Rating: 2/5 Jul 15, 2015 15:09 Send this review to a friend
Poor design  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
When I put the antenna together I noticed one of the reflector elements was to short so I added on a piece to get the correct length. Someone cut it to short.
After one year the tuning block mounted to the boom , filled with water and rotted out the two capacitors inside used to couple the the two tuning arms to the so239. SWR through the roof.

W8JVF Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2014 18:50 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
So yeah. It cost about $80, but it is WELL worth the money.

The JTBM270 is tunable and really pulls in a weak signal. I can tune my favorite frequencies to around 1.0-1.2:1 on VHF or UHF. The nice thing about this antenna is I can take it apart, then throw it up at a remote site on a piece of 1 1/4" PVC pipe.

Portable, easy to set up and tear down, and pretty darn rugged with the winds we have here in Hawaii

W8JVF

K5DSQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2014 08:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have only been able to test this antenna on 2 meters but it allows me to hit repeaters that are over 70 miles away with excellent signal reports. My previous vertical struggled with repeaters 25-40 miles away. Out of the box testing showed the SWR at 1.5:1 in the repeater portion of the band. Very easy to assemble and disassemble if the need should arise.