Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RemoteHams remote control software Help

Reviews Summary for RemoteHams remote control software
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free
Description: RemoteHams server and RCForb Client software provides the capability to
easily remotely control a ham radio station including an amplifier, antenna
rotator, and switches. The RCForb client software integrates with popular
logging programs and includes a keyboard keyer and DX cluster. No
hardware is required. An optional ORB Control Device is available to
attach a PTT microphone and/or CW paddle.
More info: http://www.RemoteHams.com

You can write your own review of the RemoteHams remote control software.

N3HEE Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2016 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Very Good !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was able to quickly and easily set up my station for remote access. I am surprised at how well it works. Very low latency. Audio quality with CW is really good. Just like sitting at the radio. Lots of features for sharing with other ops. This is a very good solution for remote operations. I will be sharing my radio with my CW Academy students so they can practice and learn Morse code. Thanks to all who have contributed the RemoteHams project ! -Joe N3HEE

WA0TPN Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2014 19:14 Send this review to a friend
Extraordinary !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted the capability to operate my ham station remotely while traveling and for use from any room in the house and patio and while at a campsite.

The RemoteHams system is incredible!

My Elecraft K3, KPA500 amplifier, KAT500 auto tuner, and antenna rotator were already integrated with computer control when the suggestion was made that I try the RemoteHams.com software to implement remote control capabilities.

First, I registered on the RemoteHams.com website. Second, the RCForb Client server software was downloaded and installed on the PC that controls the K3-line in my shack. Then the RCForb Client software was downloaded and installed on a small Windows 8.1 tablet PC that I carry in my flight bag.

With very little time and effort the tablet computer was connected remotely and seamlessly controlling the home station via the RemoteHams.com website. Nothing else is needed...the system is free of charge!

The remote control system is completely software based...no hardware is required. An optional ORB Control Device is available for purchase for $175. The ORB Control Device attaches to the remote tablet or laptop computer via USB and allows an actual microphone with PTT and CW paddle to be used remotely as if you were sitting in front of your rig in the home station.

Yesterday, within an hour or so I was able to download, install, and configure the DXLabs Suite, FLDIGI, and WSJT-X software to integrate very nicely together to provide all of the capabilities that I enjoy while operating my station at home.

Although It happens that I have an Elecraft station, the RemoteHams system works just as well with other rigs that have computer control capabilities.

People cannot tell that I am operating a remote controlled station...latency is negligible. Whether HF, VHF, SSB, FM, CW, PSK, JT-65, or any other mode...the remote system works great! I can operate HF and the local repeaters remotely with automatic antenna selection and tuning. And it is fun!

Being able to operate remotely from any location with Internet access whether from the living room or in a hotel 1000 miles from home is great to operate remote.

In addition, you can give permission to any ham having access to a PC computer and the Internet to operate your station if you want. What a great way to help friends enjoy capabilities that they may not have access to otherwise.

Thanks to dedication, generosity, and talent of individuals willing to contribute their knowledge, time, and expertise on behalf of advancing the hobby for the benefit of many the hobby continues to be new and exciting for me after 48 years as a ham.

Thank you for the RemoteHams remote control system!!