Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | Mini60 Help

Reviews Summary for Mini60
Mini60 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 3.1/5 MSRP: $130
Description: A pocket-size derivative of the SARK-100, 1-60MHz digital antenna analyzer with built-in rechargeable lithium battery.

You can write your own review of the Mini60.

KE0NAZ Rating: 4/5 Jul 8, 2017 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Best for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one from Ebay for about $90.00 to the front door. It seems well made . Pocket size around the size of a flip phone and a little more heft.
Its rechargeable also. Mine lasts quite a while on a good charge .
PRO's ( for me )
SIZE - very small
BLUETOOTH for Androids (more on that later)
RECHARGABLE (also more on that later)
SIMPLE operation.
WORKS without the cool graphics on a Android device. Its OPTIONAL .

CONS -
SOFTWARE :
The normal (linked by seller)does not work on a lot of Android devices. The seller gave me several references which did not work. They were very helpful. I tried several. Most are Chinese meant for Chinese users. AFTER a lot of trial and error I found this one - " Mini60-DH1KLM-05.17apk " . Its from a European user who had same issues. He also has PC versions listed. The website " die-jetzis.de " has a walk thru that's a great asset also. Lots a videos on Youtube too.

NO CHARGER included. Small issue but for price it could have been included. I use my OEM Yaesu FT817 DC adapter. It has a USB option.

ACCURACY ; my radio likes it by its own simple SWR meter . UNSURE of fine/overall accuracy as I have no way to test it, hence the rating I gave it as good. If my radio likes it (SWR wise ) then Im good, since I use it for field use. I cold tune the antenna then use radio to check the outcome which has been favorable to my use. I use Yaesu FT817/897 for QRP or portable stations , not mobile. Long wire end fed antennas & loops. And for that its great.

I would buy it again.

James - KE0NAZ

KW4GT Rating: 0/5 Jun 1, 2017 20:03 Send this review to a friend
In need of serious QC and customer support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received a Mini60 antenna analyzer. As has been well documented this unit comes with no software, no battery, no power supply, and no manual. After much searching I found the following video which is very helpful, and contains a link to android software which is pretty straightforward. https://youtu.be/UA5cvPCZT6Q

After I got the software running I did some scans and got extremely wonky results. I connected a resistor and scanned that, again the numbers were crazy. I finally discovered that if I put pressure in a certain direction
on the SO-239 connector that I could get good results, anything else and it didn't work. SO..... I have a unit which is faulty right out of the box.

I'm going to attempt a repair, with a little luck I'll have a functioning unit. At this point I really wish I'd have ponied up for a quality antenna analyzer.... when you pay over $100 for something there's no excuse for it to be in need of repair from the moment you get it. (I already know my chances of getting customer support from China.)

K8JHR Rating: 2/5 Dec 20, 2015 20:13 Send this review to a friend
Complete Dud   Time owned: more than 12 months
Product failed. It appears this device cannot operate without a functioning battery. A wall-wart power supply, alone, will not revive it. I purchased multiple replacement batteries on eBay and they all failed within a month of installation. So, for me, product is a complete dud, total failure.

When it worked, it seemed to be accurate (as compared to an MFJ-259B and RigExpert AA-230) and it would make a good, small unit in the field or up the tower, but not if it won't work beyond a week or so.

So... almost a bargain... but not. Anyone who wants to play with mine can buy it CHEAP. Maybe you can keep it alive long enough to use it more than a few days.

Just MY take... your mileage may vary. / K8JHR /

KC3DFS Rating: 2/5 Nov 24, 2015 05:17 Send this review to a friend
Fair, and lacks durability  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased my unit about 8 months ago, and immediately, the blue tooth did not work. The seller from China did not respond to my emails.

The ability to graph swrs and R and Z was fantastic...initially. The usb is not soldered on well and detached.

What is left? A pretty well functioning AA but without the nice bells and whistles it was suppose to have.

I may buy another, but if I find a used MFJ at a Hamfest, would rather spend a little more for that.

KI6GOT Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2015 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic low cost analyzer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This unit is small, accurate, low cost, and includes many functions. I'm very impressed by the size and effectiveness of this analyzer. I purchased a bluetooth enabled version on eBay and it works fantastic with my windows and android devices.

The only issue i've encountered is that a working bundle of software seems to be difficult to find. I was able to find a working download by entering "mini60 data.zip" into a google search which lead me to the following link:

If you're looking for a well working cheap analyzer with plotting capability (through a computing device) then do buy this analyzer.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2015 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Funtastic!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have a look to www.qrz.com/db/DL9YDW for the MiniMess60-V33 graphical interface. No command line needed anymore. I can tune a tuner without transmitting a single watt. I estimated correctly the loss a coaxial cable at a given frequency and coax length. I did tune homemade RF filters and antennas. This unit is simple to use and I use this thing everyday. No fault found. This is the most useful addition to the shack.

KG5EAO Rating: 4/5 Aug 5, 2015 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Overall a good value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased the Mini60 (A SARK100 clone) from an online auction site mainly because I needed an analyzer for HF antenna building and I didn't have much of a budget. I have used this for about 8 months now and have found it to be a great value and very handy for portable/field use.

When ordered you get only the device. As others have mentioned there are no manuals, drivers etc. included with the purchase. The operation of the Mini60 is exactly the same as the Sark100. You can readily find the manual as well as the software to connect to a PC with a web search.

I usually charge the Mini60 through the USB port although it has a port for a 12V charger (user supplied which I have not used). Battery life seems good as I have yet to drain it while in field use. One caution though: The unit goes into a sleep mode after about a minute without touching any controls. It will appear off but is still drawing some power which can drain the battery if the power switch is not turned to the off position.

The Mini60 is about the size of a pack of cigarettes which is really nice for field work. It has several modes including SWR, Impedance,complex impedance, capacitance and inductance. Frequency range is between 1MHz and 60 MHz and is step selectable.

I find the ability to connect the Mini60 to a PC in order to collect data over a frequency sweep to be the most useful feature of the Mini60 aside from its size. The software available for the SARK100 is a DOS command line program. I am using Windows 7 so when I connect the Mini60 to a PC USB drivers are automatically installed and a serial COM port is created. The command line is a bit clunky but does work and the results can be plotted on the Zplots spreadsheet.

Now here are some issues that should be known:
1.) USB chipset used may not be OEM FTDI. Newest drivers loaded by Windows 7 will not work. This is a common problem with devices that use third-party FTDI chipsets. The fix is to find and load older drivers for the this chipset. I don't know if this is true of all Mini60's produced but is true of mine.
2.) Sleep mode vs Power switch issue mentioned above
3.) DOS mode program is clunky but does work.

I should note that a quick search on previously mentioned auction website will yield a third-party windows based software interface for the Mini60 that is very reasonably priced. It is well worth looking at for the Mini60 as it comes with usable drivers and simplifies use on Windows.

Overall, this unit works as advertised but does require a little effort to gather support materials for. I have found it to be very useful for working with antenna building and with setting up for portable/field use. At roughly half the cost of a new competitive analyzer, it is a good value for the budget conscious.

N4MQ Rating: 1/5 May 1, 2015 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Testing out the graphing feature  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the mini60 and saw that it worked by pushing the buttons. THERE IS NO MANUAL AND NO INFORMATION ON OPERATION OR USE. THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT LOAD AND THE SUPPLIER DOES NOT UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH REQUESTS FOR REAL ACTIONABLE INFORMATION. It will show the antenna information but the cheap price is matched by the lack of support or functioning software. There are additional comments about this on the web.
If you want a buzz box that does not support graphing - have at it, I sent it back

EA5IGC Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2014 22:18 Send this review to a friend
Great value and fits in your pocket  Time owned: more than 12 months
My need for antenna analyser is simple. I need it for tweaking things (either the antenna or the tuner) for minimum SWR and doing spot checks of SWR vs. frequency.

I understand that you can also hook this up to your PC to get data out that you can graph (e.g. in Excel), but I haven't needed to try that yet.

I bought this via a well-known auction site. It's still working fine and has saved me quite some head scratching (and possibly my finals a few times).