Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | STM32-SDR interface Help

Reviews Summary for STM32-SDR interface
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: STM32-SDR is an interface for many kits such as TX/RX Ensembles etc, which completely eliminates the need for a computer and extra sound cards to make a complete stand alone QRP SDR Transceiver.
More info: http://www.stm32-sdr.com

You can write your own review of the STM32-SDR interface.

VE7SGI Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2016 14:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product, recommended  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hi all.

I have been playing with the STM32-SDR interface and have it running with my prebuilt Softrock RX Ensemble II.

( I have an Ensemble RXTX kit but haven't had enough time to build it. )

The RX Ensemble II actually works quite well with the STM32.

I was very impressed with the STM32's filtering, adjacent channel interference just disappears with the correct filter selection.

This is actually better than several of my top dollar rigs and it speaks to the work the team have done on the DSP software.

I still have to play a bit with the bandpass filter wiring but 20M SSB has a fantastic audio quality and the digital modes decode quite well.

I believe this is the smallest, most feature packed ( Si570 ) SDR interface available.

The Dev team are very responsive with questions and there's a Yahoo group as well.

Have fun all, cheers and 73....dave / VE7SGI.

CU2ED Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2014 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Used with UHFSDR  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello, I also have a STM32SDR board connected to a UHFSDR + BPF and a 100W PA (with LPF filter) it's not a small case for portable, but I'm very happy with the success, only had very good feedback reports about my audio, I enjoyed so much that I already have another one for future project, this one for portable use (QRP).
Until now I didn't find out any other DSP board with the same audio and filters quality for the price this board is. The board is not a Kit everything is assembled on factory with high control quality, witch make easy to all that may have problems with SMT technology.

VE7AHT Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2014 22:29 Send this review to a friend
Used with RX/TX Ensemble  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Having assembled a softrock RXTX Ensemble Transceiver Kit from FiveDashInc. a few years back, I had relegated it to a back shelf in my shack after many attempts to interface various combinations of SDR software and USB sound cards in various computers to obtain a workable QRP transceiver. The ultimate solution was touted to include a Delta 44 sound card, but this seemed too unwieldy for the portable operation I had in mind so I set it aside for a while. It worked OK, but the latency was too much for me on CW.
I recently discovered the STM32-SDR which allows stand alone portable operation of SDR’s such as my RXTX .No computers, extra sound cards or monitors required!
The STM32-SDR uses a touch screen and two control knobs to replace any need for computers, sound cards and dongles to turn your SDR kit in to a stand alone QRP Transceiver. It provides PSK31, CW, and SSB modes to the SDR kit of your choice.
Much work has been done refining CW to eliminate side tone latency, and improving TX/RX switching. The group of volunteers behind this project are very helpful, and they continue to push out updates that continually improve this neat little interface.
During a recent SSB WW Contest I was amazed to work Hawaii Japan and Alaska from Vancouver BC.I have worked several EU stations on CW running portable in to a Buddipole Vertical on Vancouver Island.CW latency no longer an issue using the STM32-SDR interface with RXTX Ensemble barefoot on 20 Meters. In my opinion the STM32-SDR interface is an excellent alternative to computers and sound cards for those of us who enjoy exploring the latest SDR kits and software. I give this device a solid 5 out of 5. Please visit www.stm32-sdr.com/ for all the details.