Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | ICOM IC-2000H Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-2000H
ICOM IC-2000H Reviews: 31 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $299.99
Description: Two Meter FM Tranceiver. 5/10/50 Watts Power.

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-2000H.

VK3TDV Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2007 03:57 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello All

I bought one second hand a few years ago and am very happy with it. It is prone to some interference and pager bleed through but it has a extremely sensitive receiver, infact it's probably the best I've run across as far as FM rigs go.

KC4WMS Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2007 21:54 Send this review to a friend
Doubled my pleasure  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my 1st IC 2000 H on eBay, I'd been hammered buying there befor but took the chance. Am I glad I did! Got this from a middleman seller,and was happy it came with everything including an extra length power cord, and 2 spare copys of the original manual!
my first concern was the heat it produced but after asking on a couple nets for other owners found this was a common issue.Being a computer geek, I keep a stock of 12 brushless pc fans around, I took a "wallwart" 6vdc power supply and wired it to the fan which I mounted atop the rig. Since this is my station 2 meter rig I was happy with the solution.the fan runs just a tad slower but even at 50 watts ( really around 48 watts )I can ragchew on simplex and it never gets beyond warm to the touch.
I have had this rig on air 24/7 for about a year and never had an issue. I performs as an Icom should! As a matter of fact, I bought my 2nd IC 2000 about 6 months back for the mobile, and we run simplex almost daily and it's rare we miss a transmission. Again I added a pc type brushless fan that I wired to the accessory plug in the fuse block that comes on with the ignition.
I am so happy with these rigs that I keep watching for a 3rd in as good of condition for my other car, currently I'm using my Icom Sport handi as a mobile running thru a Mirage 80watt amp.

I've gone thru a number of other brand rigs and handis since 91, but none have given me the service of my Icoms. I wish my friends with their newer Icoms could be as happy.

Good Luck and Happy Hamming 73 de KC4WMS

KE5HFM Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2006 12:29 Send this review to a friend
one tough rig!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked up my 2000H used off the internet. Didn't have a mic, so I picked up an HM-103 after talking with Icom about what mics would work with it. The HM-103 isn't a DTMF mic, but I use this as a base, so it's perfect.

Man, this is one tough rig! I have a 2710 in my truck, and a 2200H (bought new) in my wifes Jeep. And They are all good radios. (though the 2710 is much less sturdy)

As I said, I use the 2000H as a base rig, plenty of power, nice clear audio. I don't have the CTCSS Decoder board installed in mine, but I don't really need it either.

Programming the 2000's 60 memories was a snap after dealing with the 2200H and the look and feel of the face is remarkably similar. I do wish the 2000 had the WX bands in their own little bank like the 2200H so that they didn't have to take up memory slots, but oh well.

I have been able to check into nets 65+ miles away at high-power using a home-brew J-pole thats about 20 feet in the air. The rig runs warm, but not HOT.

Excellent EXCELLENT rig. No frills, but won't let you down.

K6WHP Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2006 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Love mine!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A friend had one of these spare and I bought it from him for less than a centibuck; figured it'd be good for chatting on 2 meters..

..then I fell in love with mine. Wouldn't part with it for twice the price! (Well, maybe..) It's got a goodly number of features but doesn't drive someone on the edge of senility (like me) over the brink. It's all heat sink and an honest, hefty 35 watts out (I dialed mine down) and..and..and..it receives VHF air band.

Try that one, you IC-2100H and IC-2200H owners!

KB8DNS Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2005 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Great for what I paid!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received this radio free as a parts rig / fixer upper. The "brain" was locked up, power button was missing, set button was loose and the display back mask was blochy, hard to read. First I tackled the lockup condition, Had to reset the rig many times as it would not take, finally it did! I replaced the power button with a eject button from a 3.5 floppy drive, it had a groove in the back that allowed a square pin to be fitted, to push the actual switch and used shaped rubber mounts to hold the new button in place. The color was off white so I used a "sharpie" to make it black!
The set button I super glued and positioned with a piece of 3M foam tape also ran a piece across the backs of all the lower buttons.
The display was hard to read as it was blotchy and discolored. I removed the yellow overlay, it was most of the blotch in the display. Since it gives the color I opted to use two bulb overlays (green) from an early Ford AM /FM radio. A new spacer to replace the overlay was made from a plastic milk jug.
After all these repairs the rig works well and looks great! As far as the rigs performance it is as most said. I have no troble with any repeaters in the area. There is no crackle in the TX or RX. For what I paid and for my efforts the rig is a 5 for me!

W5ZZQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2005 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent radio !~!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very good 2meter radio. No problems at all. Does get warm on high power but I put a 3" fan behind it and it stays as cool as you would want it to. Highly recommend this radio to anyone. Larry

KI0KM Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2004 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Good rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this IC-2000H for 6 1/2 years, and never had any problems with it. It receives well, transmits with full power, and is relatively easy to program. I seldom use the 50 watt power level since the 5 and 10 watt are sufficient for any repeaters I use, but when I have used it, it performed well, with no excessive heating. All in all, a fine rig.

KD0DB Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2004 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent rigs  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have five IC2100's (one in my sailboat, two in the house, one in the truck and one in the car all modified for xmitting on all receivable frequencies). Never had any problems with them and they do get out well. I've read reviews about reliability and overheating, but never experienced any of that.

AA1ZO Rating: 4/5 Apr 28, 2003 08:37 Send this review to a friend
An OK Radio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This little rig is a very good design. It seems to have held up well in the year that I have owned it. There is one fly in the ointment though. What's up with the crackle noise in my speaker on transmit? I have other freinds that own this radio with the same problem. I also own a ic-207h that suffers from the same problem, however not as loud. I have owned a ic-761 for several years now. This radio is about 12 years old and has had no problems. I don't understand why quality at Icom has gone backwards. It seems to me that they should fix all these radios to save their reputation. Anyone have a fix for the crackle noise in my speaker on transmit?
Thanks!

WA9AFM Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2003 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Tough Cookie!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Our club uses the 2100 for the packet cluster. A lightning hit at the repeater site put the cluster TNC into transmit and it stayed there for 3 days! The 2100 was keyed up, full power and still running when we got to the site and shut it down. We had to use oven mitts to handle it! After an hour of cool down, it was returned to service and is still running great.