Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Alpha Delta DX-CC Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta DX-CC Dipole
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$159
Description: 80-10 Mtr, 82' dipole

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta DX-CC Dipole.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2014 16:47 Send this review to a friend
works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a G5RV and a Slinky Dipole up before and they sucked. I put up this DX-CC 4 years ago and it was like someone flipped a switch! I could hear things that I never could before. And 95% of the time if I can hear them I can work them. Maybe not first call running 100 watts but if I spend the time I can get thru.

Good value and works well...just be sure and take it down once or twice a year and do a little housekeeping on it.

W3SCA Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2014 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Multi band dipole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna from DX Engineering to replace a very troublesome G5RV I had been using. This antenna is extremely well constructed and something you would expect from Alpha Delta. I got it laid out and configured in about an hour and got it strung into the tree, 35' above the ground. I am running it in an inverted V configuration.

Initial observations were this is a great antenna! It hears very well and I worked many countries in the first weekend I had it installed. My radio tuner tunes most of the bands itself and it handles 1KW with no issues either. I did have a problem on tuning for 80Mtrs and after raising the ends from 6' above ground to 14' above ground, 80mtrs tunes just fine now as well. It is quite narrow banded on 80, but this was advertised and adjustable simply by shortening the wire for the 80mtr portion of the antenna.

So far I am really enjoying this antenna and we will see how it does over time being exposed to the elements, I will be using this as my primary antenna until I can get my tower and yagi installed.

Jay