Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden HomePatrol-2 Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden HomePatrol-2
Uniden HomePatrol-2 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $599
Description: Tune in and stay informed with the HomePatrol-2 simple
program scanner from Uniden. Just enter your zip code or
city on the easy-to-use touch screen, and the scanner
will listen for transmissions in your area. The scanner
tunes in to open two-way radio signals and allows you to
quickly hear the communications systems used by public
safety, aircraft, military, weather spotters, and more.

Digital Capable - Receives all unencrypted, non-
proprietary radio systems including APCO-25 Phase I and
Phase II digital, Motorola, EDACS, LTR, conventional
analog and P25 digital channels.
More info: http://www.uniden.com/scanners/homepatrol-ii/invt/homepatrol2g

You can write your own review of the Uniden HomePatrol-2.

KI4WCA Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2016 21:46 Send this review to a friend
excellent plug and play  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This scanner is a hilarious new take on scanning...just punch in zipcode and select services you want to hear and off it goes!The first thing I did was load the software from the scanner onto the pc and updated the database via the included usb cable...the data base is provided by radio reference and free.Updated once a week.
Next I copied the contents of the sd card into a folder in case it ever got corrupted and made a backup card and put that card in the scanner.I have since switched to a high endurance sd card which should last many years in normal use.After that tailoring groups to ignore was easy right on the unit and now I have the best scanning I have ever enjoyed!The stock antenna works well for the strong police/emt/fire stuff I listen to.Sensitivity on vhf mid band is only ok...not as good as my Icom R6.For air/trains a good outdoor antenna would be better.Surprisingly vhf low is good enough for the state troopers here with the tiny stock antenna...nice.Best introduction to trunking scanners I have ever seen it really is so easy to use.Different and excellent.It came with chinese nimh cells I threw away.I stuffed eneloop pros in it and plug its usb cable into the pc to power it.I charge my nimh in a maha c9000 so the lack of a usb power brick with the radio does not bother me.The audio is nice for such a small radio too.

I love this capable little scanner!

KB4OIF Rating: 2/5 Jan 1, 2016 03:33 Send this review to a friend
Died after 3 days  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Died after 3 days. SD card file error with no way to fix it. Tried a new card. Sentinel software would not recognize the new card at all. Under warranty so I will try one more.

N2MWE Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2015 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent with the GPS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As stated in earlier review, took the HP2 from New York to Minnesota. Scanner worked quite well on the MARCS and MARCS ip Systems, Michigan simulcast system, as well as conventional. Set the range to zero and used the GPS. Scanner did an excellent job keeping up with the systems around me, and did very well on the MPSCS simulcast system. Used the radio with a windshield mount and no external speaker and found the audio to be more than adequate. All in all a good scanner.

K5CPF Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2015 09:55 Send this review to a friend
GPS Works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
UPDATE - Just got back from a road trip across Texas. Just as with the HP-1, the HP-2 functions perfectly with the (Uniden) GPS as would be expected.

N2MWE Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2015 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Nice Mobile Scanner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the 536 in my car for a few months. Was very happy with it, but then the HP2 came along. I decided to give it a shot, so I bought it along with the windshield suction cup mount. The mount is VERY strong. The scanner is also loud enough not to need an external speaker in my 2014 Escape. Does a very good job on both conventional and P25, works quite well on the Connecticut State Police system which some of my other scanners have a hard time with. Powering it with a cell phone lighter plug and the USB cable, no issues. Did not get the Extreme since i don't need it. All in all, very happy so far. I will review again when I drive from NY to Wisconsin again this summer.