Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Jameco Reliapro AC Adapters Ex: #170245 (12V 1A) Help

Reviews Summary for Jameco Reliapro AC Adapters Ex: #170245 (12V 1A)
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $14.95
Description: One of a range of fixed/regulated linear transformer operated power adapters.
More info: http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ProdDS/170245.pdf

You can write your own review of the Jameco Reliapro AC Adapters Ex: #170245 (12V 1A).

JRT3 Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2014 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Decent linear wall warts!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found out about these made-in-Taiwan power supplies several years ago when I bought a new Palstar R30A receiver - it came with one! I quickly went to Jameco's site and found them. They are available in a range of output voltage & current ratings with some available in different OD and ID coaxial plug sizes and polarity (ie, center negative or positive). The wall warts plug in a standard two prong duplex (120 Vac) outlet and include a six foot DC cable with coaxial plug (The 170245 has a 2.1mm ID 5.5mm OD center positive plug). The #170245 uses a transformer and a FW rectifier (C = 2,200 uF) feeding a programmable regulator (See the data sheets!). I use one to power my Lowe HF-150 & 225; FRG-9600; R30A; JPS NIR-10, etc. I also replaced my DSL wall wart with a 5V 1A and a few other switching supply operated goodies, removing as many EMI/RFI sources as possible from my home. My R75 draws over an Amp - but it will work - with headphones - from the supply, too - with jury-rigged connections. Decent output voltage tolerance - and line/load regulation, too. Not cheap - but a fair price for a decent - and nowadays hard to find - product!