Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | Fox Delta Antenna Analyzer AAZ-0914A Help

Reviews Summary for Fox Delta Antenna Analyzer AAZ-0914A
Fox Delta Antenna Analyzer AAZ-0914A Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$54.00
Description: AAZ-0914A is designed to work as a standalone USB Antenna
Analyzer, like last version AAZ-0713A.

This Revision addresses changes in design to facilitate
adding a Blue tooth module and a breakout board for
expansion.

Firmware for AAZ-0914A is re-written to make things
easier for changing over from USB to Blue tooth or GCPU.
AAZ-0914A still uses same V5.03 PC software.

A PC program for WIN7/XP is available for AAZ-0914A.
Latest dotnet update is essential.

Firmware, Software for AAZ-0914A and Graphic CPU is
developed by Tony/I2TZK.

AAZ-0914A is a simple single board antenna analyzer using
DDS signal as a source and a return signal from antenna
is used for measurement by a Log Amplifier AD8307
More info: http://www.foxdelta.com/products/aaz-0914a.htm

You can write your own review of the Fox Delta Antenna Analyzer AAZ-0914A.

JS6TMW Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2016 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Sophistication on the cheap  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had some problems at first but "when in doubt read the manual". I bought this pre-assembled and it works great with my WIN7 laptop. It generates a scan according to any parameters you choose. Supposedly it runs to 55MHz but the software only displays to 35MHz. It gives SWR/return loss measurements, no X and Z, but it will make my antenna work a thousand times easier than using only an SWR meter. Highly recommended if you want nice display bells and whistles for SWR only.

CT2FZI Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2015 06:11 Send this review to a friend
Affordable SWR Meter that performs great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very happy with my purchase.

Very well packed and fast delivery from India.

Added the bluetooth option that worked as expected.

It is very simple to use the Android or Windows (PC) software.

Amazing product for the price.

I also have a MFJ 225 VNA Analyzer and the results of the Foxdelta kit are au pair with the MFJ.

Thank you Fox Delta.

N5STT Rating: 4/5 Nov 26, 2015 23:51 Send this review to a friend
Good for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the kit + bluetooth module, got it within 2 weeks and soldered everything in one afternoon. The kit worked at first try, swr values seem to be correct by testing a 50 ohm resistor and my antenna. I'll keep experimenting, but everything seems to be working fine.

I'm giving it 4/5 because of the low quality of packaging and some components.
The ICs were packed on styrofoam and inside non-antistatic bags, I'm surprised they made it without damage from static discharges. This shouldn't be done and I think anyone with basic electronic skills should know this, so there is no excuse (styrofoam and plastic, seriously!? That's how they teach kids how to make static electricity!).
Then I looked at the other components and found that at least half of the resistors were 5% tolerance. Some of them are even reported as 1% tolerance on the schematics that came with the kit! The price difference between a 1% and 5% resistor is probably less than 1 cent, I don't get the point of saving 20 cents per kit (but probably much less)... just round up to $55 and make even more money! I had a package of 1% resistors at hand, so I swapped all of them.
Finally, some of the pre-soldered smt components could have been soldered with a little more care. One of the smt capacitors was almost completely off one trace, still functional but...

I would suggest this kit to anyone who wants a 1-35 MHz antenna analyzer for cheap.

YO2LZP Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2015 04:04 Send this review to a friend
simple and reliable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am very pleased.

Very well packed and fast delivery from India.
Assembled the kit in about 2 hours. It worked from the first time. Later I added the bluetooth option that worked fine also.

It is very simple to use it. You will get ONLY the SWR reading, so not too much info, but for my needs is enough.
The generator function is very handy. I measured the output and it will vary from 0.85 Vpp to 0.76 Vpp from 1 to 30 MHz, not bad!

The price can't be beaten.

Congratulations Fox Delta team!

K0INN Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2015 22:04 Send this review to a friend
I put it together and it worked first time!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent an email about getting and assembled but never heard back so I decided to order and put together the kit.

As others have said, the components are carefully packaged and labeled. The instructions are brief (such as "mount the resistors first") and it helps to have the picture of the assembled board (available on the web site) close by. Some of the components need to be installed with respect to polarity (diodes and tantalum capacitors) and this is marked on the board silkscreen. The instructions do give a warning regarding this. For kits of this type, it is pretty much required to use a low wattage soldering iron with a fine tip. For my bad eyes, I also used a lighted magnifying lens.

It took me about 4 hours to assemble as I was extremely careful. After I completed the assembly, it worked perfectly. I felt a great amount of satisfaction. I tested an Alexloop antenna (because of the bnc connector) and the analyzer faithfully showed the dip in resonance as I tuned the loop to different frequencies. I need to get a BNC male to SO239 adapter to test my station antenna.

As others have said, this is a great analyzer to plot SWR for your antennas. Tuning antenna SWR is my main use of a device of this type so this fits my needs perfectly. As i2tzk says in the documentation, the analyzer is designed for hams to plot and analyze the resonance of their antennas.

A low cost ($15) bluetooth module is available if you want to power the unit by battery and display the data on your cell phone. I have a small laptop available (which also powers the analyzer via USB) so I didn't opt for the bluetooth.

The windows software worked great on two Win7 computers here. The software guide is at http://products.foxdelta.com/swr/aaz/aaz-guide.pdf. In addition to continuous scans and comparison scans for antenna resonance, the unit can be used as a signal generator. I would rate the functionality and ease of use of the software as "very good".

For the price of this unit compared to the competition, what's not to like? I see the main motivation of the developers of this product as contributing to the ham community rather than maximizing their profit.

AA5JD Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2015 01:01 Send this review to a friend
It works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This Fox Delta SWR analyzer seems to be an accurate device which is remarkable since the cost of the kit, including a metal box housing, was only $54.00. I ordered mine preassembled which arrived from India in about 10-days. The software supplied has numerous useful features such as a movable cross hair to make measurements on screen. It will analyze bandwidth and also provides a numerical table of measured values for offline analysis. My antenna SWR measurements with this unit compares very well with similar MFJ-259B measurements. I can recommend it with no hesitations.

WA3DNM Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2014 12:05 Send this review to a friend
What a View  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just opened the package, plugged it in, calibrated and took a snapshot of my outdoor end-fed and "in attic" multiband dipole. WOW! The picture of the swr across any or all band portions is an amazing tool. Software does everything I need in order to maximize my antennas. The BNC 50 ohm dummy load was a surprise.

The availability of a fully assembled unit for seniors at no additional cost is wonderfully thoughtful and much appreciated. THANK YOU!!!

KJ4FGI Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2014 11:16 Send this review to a friend
Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was impressed when my 50MHZ Antenna Analyzer: AAZ-0914A: arrived. 54 dollars and Less than 10 days from India, all parts were individually placed in it's own zip-lock bag and the bags were labeled what part it contained. I sent an email at 0300 EST, I had a reply in less than 1 hour. The circuit board was high quality, I did not have to use flux.
I will most definitely buy more kits from Fox Delta, I'm looking now.

I saw the antenna analyzer in CQ, I love it, on a graph from 160 to 35mhz it will show you where the lowest swr points are. No using the MFJ 259B going to each band and turning the tune button, this scans the whole hf ham bands and show you all the swr readings.
It may not do what a 300 dollar analyzer does but it you like antenna building and whant to see the swr across the complete hf ham bands in 30 seconds, itís for you. Check it out!