Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | QRO HF 2000 Help

Reviews Summary for QRO HF 2000
QRO HF 2000 Reviews: 18 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $3795
Description: The QRO HF 2000 is a 1500 watt PEP amplifier utilizing two 3- 500s.
More info: http://QROTEC.COM

You can write your own review of the QRO HF 2000.

KK5O Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2008 09:46 Send this review to a friend
wish he still made them  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have had a lot of amps but this is the one i have kept. its powerful, quiet, and works like it should. the power supply never moans at you. you cant have mine but if you find one for sale you better get it! or i will . wish i could buy a new one

KG5I Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2007 02:24 Send this review to a friend
Still Going Strong!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Happy QRO amp owner for a year now. Can't say enough nice things about it. I love that built-in QSK. Tuning/loading is smooth and effortless. Plus it looks great on my desk. I don't use ALC but considering it next time I slide it out. I run mine with at FT-1000 Mk V. These amps are hard to find. I think I've seen two for sale in the past year. For the price, you can't beat this amp. Get one and you will see.

AD3G Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2007 10:37 Send this review to a friend
Best amp I've ever owned so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Without out a doubt the best amplifiers I have owned to date,and I've had a lot!! Far better build than any other manufacturer,beefier components,excellent design. Whisper quiet,tune by the numbers.
I chanced into a used one and snatched it right up because I had heard stories as to how good the QRO amps really are,and all the stories I have heard are true.
If you can find a used one,buy it,as they are not seen for sale very often,and for good reason.If you can't find a used one, buy a new one,you will not be sorry.
I am so impressed with the HF2000 I will be placing my order for an HF2500DX and keeping the HF2000 for a back-up.

W8LO Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2005 18:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dollar for Dollar and Watt for Watt, you cannot beat this Amp. Very quiet with excellent quality of workmanship.
Ray is a good guy to work with.
Highly recommend the HF2000 for those DX'ers who "don't want to wait in line!"

KF3EG Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2005 19:15 Send this review to a friend
work horse  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
built like a brick *&&^^% house, if it was olive drab it would be a A1A tank.

WA6BOB Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2002 16:10 Send this review to a friend
High reliability and quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This amplifier was purchased with the intent of QSK and 160 meter operation. It has served quite well in a contesting atmosphere. I highly recomment it.

I didn't want to convert my Collins 30S-1 amplifier as it has been loafing in the RTTY mode for over thirty years and is still a strong work horse.

AB2EZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2002 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Very Satisfied  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had an HF 1000 (the 1 tube version of the 2000) for four years... and I'm very pleased with it. Ray and HRO are a pleasure to do business with, and very responsive to questions/problems. I have had a few minor problems, over the four year period, with cold solder joints... but these were fairly easy to track down and fix.

The amp puts out between 800 and 1000 watts on 80-20 meters, and a little less on 10-15 meters. I haven't tried 160 meters.

It is very easy to tune "by the numbers". I use it on CW, SSB, and also on AM with ~150-200 watts of carrier.

Keep in mind that the power level metering is not very accurate... and is useful more as a relative power measurement, for peaking the output power. I use the meter on my antenna tuner to peak the power output. The plate current metering on my rig is also not very accurate... because it uses a very low value series resistor consisting of a short trace on a printed circuit board... and, on my amp, the value is too low. Maybe one of these days I'll try to add some resistance.

I would definitely buy another QRO amplifier

KR1H Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2000 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Super product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my HF 2000 used (only slightly) by a ham in the mid west. The amplifier arrived in excellent shape and after a two hour stint of installing a 220 VAC line I was on the air. It was a tremendous rush to hear a fellow in 4 land and a fellow in VE3 land both exclaim that they must have heard God!!!!! The signal was, as they both put it, "Kick ass!" Great product, well written manual, all 40 pages+/-, and built like a tank. I would reccommend QRO to anyone! You won't need to buy another amp!